Why Do YOU Reborn babies?

I reborn because its therapeutic for me. I have three children and then had my tubes tied. Then we got them untied coming up on 3 years ago in May. I havent had a single wiff of a positive pregnancy test :frowning: We decided we wanted as many as God would have for us. Sometimes though, the mistakes we make are permanent and at least I can help show our children that its a good thing to trust in the Lord in this area. We often realize too late just how precious children are: they grow us as a person so much, teach us so much about ourselves, and remain as a legacy of our own walk in life after we are gone from this world. My heart aches. SOOOOO, I say all that to say, I wish God would open my womb again. In the meantime, its so nice to be able to hold a ā€œbabyā€ real or not, and to buy clothes and to give them to others!

So why do you reborn?

18 Likes

Reborning is very therapeutic! I have always loved baby dolls. An old friend of mine joked that I make (reborn)babies because I canā€™t make (human) babies anymore. I have 6 children (3 of each).

Just remember IF God does open your womb again, it will be in His time. If not, He has a good reason for it. He has a very good plan for your family! :slight_smile: In the meantimeā€¦reborning is very therapeutic.
God bless!

PS Iā€™m sure you already know, reborning is addictive too. :smile:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve always loved dolls and babies. This is the perfect hobby/business for me. Also, itā€™s therapeutic and addictive and there are always new babies being produced.
Perhaps it was Godā€™s plan for you to only have 3 children. Thereā€™s a reason for everything and He knows what Heā€™s doing.

7 Likes

My mom is a doll collector and I decided to buy one from Ebay. I paid like $400.00 for this baby because I knew she would love it. Granted he is very cute, but I needed a hobby at that point of time in my life. So I thought to myself I could do that, and I did ceramics for many years. So I bought a starter kit with three preemies from BB. The rest is history. I find it very relaxing plus I love a challenge. I also love it when I sell them. I am a mother of many babies :smile:

4 Likes

I started for my granddaughter, and myself as that was our special time, then when all the kids and grand kids moved out, I had empty next syndrome so I started reborning more and more and now I am addicted as I love seeing these little ones come to life.

5 Likes

Babies!!! I love them. Even in high school I said I was going to be a Nicu/ ob nurse or a flight attendant. I love little ones and all kid. I never baby sat or anything, I worked the local mall at the Orange Julius from 88 to 90ā€™. I had my 3 and stopped and I think I should of had 2 more. I ht 30 & wanted a baby again. But, that was not happening. Now, I have grand kids and art has always been my hobby, so it is less of a mess in the house. I get a kick out of making blank vinyl come to life.

6 Likes

I have been in love with babies since my earliest recognition, there is nothing in this world more pure or innocent then a baby, when you look at them you see Gods most perfect miracle and when they look at you itā€™s through eyes of love untouched by the worlds ugliness.

8 Likes

I strated to make reborns a year after my baby passed away. He was 39 but when you lose a child age doesnā€™t matter. I went into a depression after that and was put on medication. I told myself I would be off of them in a year. That was when I started reborns . I tell everyone that making reborns is my thearpy.

6 Likes

I got started out as a collector because it curbs my baby fever, and then I got burned by a seller on eBay with a doll that wasnā€™t as described so I decided Iā€™d try painting my own.

As far as reborning, I love the artistry of it. When Iā€™m taking my time, I also find it very relaxing. However with my work schedule it is very rare that I get to paint anymore xD

5 Likes

I love babies and dolls!! I used to make soft-sculpture dolls in the '80ā€™s. Got married, had kids, work, etc. so no time for hobbies. Kids are now grown. When I discovered reborns, I HAD to make them. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love cute tiny things. :slight_smile: I love having fun ways to express my creative interpretations of stuff. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have to be doing art almost everyday, in all my spare moments, and have since I was three. I love babies and canā€™t have anymore real ones, so art and babies seemed like a great combination to me! I also love realism in art, and getting my babies more and more realistic is an ongoing challenge. I love it. I wonder sometimes if one day I will be through and want to to do something else. Needle-felting and sculpting both call to me, but so far itā€™s babies, babies, babies! (And the fact that this is the only art/craft that I have ever done that supported itself! Thatā€™s a big plus.

9 Likes

I love to create artā€¦and REBORN babies are just so much fun and interesting for me to REBORNā€¦I also love babies and clothing etcā€¦and even the marketing aspect is beginning to get easier to meā€¦but the most important part of reborning is creating a beautiful piece of art that will be loved and cherished by whoever becomes the REBORN babyā€™s forever Mommyā€¦!!

It feels really good to see these babies and know that cause of you this Doll existsā€¦and I love the whole process and know that what I am doing has an impactā€¦!!..:slight_smile:

6 Likes

For as long as i can remember, i have always loved dolls and babies. I discovered reborns at 12, was completely enchanted, and for years asked my dad if i could have one (the answer was always no :smile: ) He did eventually agree that i could make them (it only took about 4.5 years to convince him! :stuck_out_tongue: ) and i have been hooked since. Even in my interim of being very sick and ā€œgiving up the hobbyā€ i still peeked in at the reborn community. Im convinced that this is a hobby one cannot ā€œgive up.ā€

4 Likes

I reborn because I love the artistic aspect of it. I work with children so donā€™t miss holding babies, but I do miss shopping for babies. My daughter got me into reborning, but have continued to keep my self busy. I have 3 kids, help my husband with the daycare and Iā€™m currently in college, but it seems that it is not enough for me. It is said that a wondering mind is a playground for the devil, so I keep mine busy.

***Nowā€¦ the real reason is that I need help. Hi, my name is Merari and Iā€™m a Rebornholic

5 Likes

I reborn because I am a minor so no real ones for me, but I love babies, dolls, animals, all of the above. I feel like I can help the community with the therapeutic aspect. I love them and I donā€™t know about you but I hate it when people say jokingly, ā€œI didnā€™t know you had a baby.ā€ It drives me nuts. I am 12, no I didnā€™t have a kid.

5 Likes

You have to trust that GOD knows what heā€™s doing, he may be doing you the biggest favor of your life, we just never know these things----but HE does. Bless you for you goodness!!

4 Likes

My youngest daughter is special needs. She has many issues the guilt i feel. And the feeling of being out of control has made my depression and anxiety so much worse. I can control how the reborn looks.i can control everything. It helps keep me grounded and not like im lossing my grip.

6 Likes

When I first seen them I was like ā€œWHY???ā€ lol, then I started researching itā€¦ and was amazed and the artistic ways of making a blank kit look real! Then my kids seen themā€¦ and wanted one. But I was not going to buy 5 complete babies for kids under 13ā€¦ so I bought everything to make them.
I love how much they all change and how much each kit varies per artist! I am very crafty and always doing somethingā€¦ and this blends them all together is a great big bunch of awesome! :wink: I can paint, draw, glue, stuff, make hairbows/headbands, certain clothes items, crochet, and shop all for one baby! It combines a lot of crafts/activities I was already doing! :slight_smile:
Also my last baby is growing up and I am just now getting rid of the big baby stuff and it is kinda tough.No more bassinet, no more infant carseat, soon no playpen, or highchairā€¦ no tiny clothes, no tiny shoes, etc. But NOW>>>> hahaha, I can buy baby stuff again. lol

4 Likes

I have 3 children and wish more than anything I could have more. I had a complete hysterectomy and even if I had not, my husband refused to have anymore. Making the babies is therapeutic to me and I still get that feeling of holding a new baby. Of course nobody in my family gets this!

7 Likes