Why Do YOU Reborn babies?

I make reborns so I can shop for baby clothes. In fact, I have shopped sooooo much that I could start my own baby boutique. Did you know there’s a huge sale at Gymboree and Carter’s happening right now? :smiley: I NEED a grandchild. Seriously.

10 Likes

I’ve always loved to paint, especially with oils, and I love the innocence and freshness of newborns. Once I found reborns, I was totally captured by the art form and still am. No two kits ever turn out the same, even if they are the same kit. Plus I love the idea of bringing some joy to the people who buy them. Actually, I love everything about making reborns, except rooting!

4 Likes

I started creating reborns as a hobby, but it soon became an outlet from the stresses of my job. After becoming burnt out and then made redundant, I slid into a deep depression and was in a very dark place. Reborning brought some light back into my life and has become like therapy for me. It relaxes me and allows me to let my creative juices flow xx

5 Likes

LOL!!! I love shopping for baby clothes, too. Why is that sooo fun? :yum:

2 Likes

I guess I reborn because I have loved dolls all my life and this is an extension of that. Also I’ve always been “crafty” but this has become much more and it is the best thing I have done since I have something I love at the end of it!!!

3 Likes

I also reborn because I feel like they are dolls for everyone. I play dolls with my little sister but all my friends we’re judging me so I decided to paint my own.

2 Likes

I sculpt because…I like it! Lol I wish I could write a deep paragraph explaining why I love it so much but I’m terrible at that stuff.

It’s just nice to find something that you love, that makes you feel like you’re useful and gives other people happiness. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s the glamour and the tidiness of my work space. NOT! Really, it’s my passion. I love everything about it.

3 Likes

I don’t have an artist bone in my body. Never painted anything before. I really just don’t like kids–except for my own. And lastly, I was totally creeped out when I first saw reborns! So, for the life of me I really can’t believe I am totally consumed with this hobby. I feel that if you do a job or hobby, make a difference. So, when i read about the dolls helping out Alzheimer’s patients etc. I would like to make that my goal. Even though they are not real, they invoke emotions that not many other “objects” can do. I know they make me happy and after the initial shock of seeing one for the first time, it seems that people are quite amazed.

1 Like

I love new challenges.They exciting me as if i was a kid at Christmas …Ive done many hobbies I guess all have artistic merit except maybe building gates for my yard and things around the house or chicken coops lol.
.Had wanted to reborn for years having 3 young grand daughters which gave me the perfect excuse.
I love little aninals but im not a baby person especially but the more i do the more im loving the little faces .
.In addition selling some doesnt hurt either as i need a side income for extra bills.Perfect hobby!!

.I have some grandkids - they range in height from 6’5" down to 5". They are wonderful and I love them dearly, but they are not hold-in-your arms cuddly much any more! I think they have gotten away from me!

1 Like

I am reborning my first right now. I have always been artistic and creative. I was hooked on reborns the minute I saw them! They are so beautiful to look at and to cuddle! They are my therapy. Hours of painting go by in minutes and I just feel better if I give them a quick hug before work and before bed! Life can be so stressful and it’s just nice to have a quiet hobby to unwind. When concentrating on painting, there’s no room to think of the stressful things😊 I have teenagers right now and they are not as cuddly as they used to be😕Maybe this will tide me over till grandchildren but I seriously doubt I’ll stop!!

1 Like

You are blessed, Carol :heart: