WHY do people think...?

WHY do so many people think they are getting a beautiful reborn doll for under $50?
It says KIT in my title.
I am having this problem so often with foreign buyers.
They are very rude to me on top of it.
I’m done.
This is not worth it.

9 Likes

Ugh, sorry you’re dealing with this. Some of them may be struggling with the language block, and it can be frustrating to both parties. No need to be rude, though.

By the way, got the sponge samples. :slight_smile: I’m excited to try them, and thanks for throwing a few extras in there! :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

I just got my sponge and I LOVE IT! it’s so much better than having to pluck wedges! Thanks so much !

2 Likes

It hurts. I try to help with the language barrier. Before she ordered kits, I sent this lady links to longer descriptions and pictures, and still I get this:

“Hi, we have now picked up the dolls and have made up the Kartomn, I was shocked, it was just arms, legs and head, no body anything, I find naughty that to exploit it and to deceive one. On the screen, it was not evident that it was a kit and impertinence is entirely down to write that the body separately is available, really. Preferably I would the dolls return, so much money for this :(”

I know there will always be some people like this in customer service. I have a hard time when someone is unhappy and always try to make it up, but this time I may just have to leave her unhappy.
How can she say it was not evident that it was a kit? Even the listing says Realborn doll KIT,
and I’m rude to say the body is sold separately. smh.

7 Likes

Sorry sweetie. Did you tell her no refund? Was it paypal? She can’t say it wasn’t as described…

People are crazy.

2 Likes

Some people are just rude by nature. And yes I get emails daily asking if I could make a doll under $50. I always answer them with … no but Mattel does.
I get mail from people telling me I’m a freak my dolls are freaks I need mental help , sob stories for free dolls, are they real can they pee stories, heck sometimes they write a nice inquiry and when I respond back they blast me for my prices and ask me who I think I am.

In general people are well , jerks. But I’m not letting them steal my joy. They’ve obviously are used to hurting people’s feelings.
Don’t let them stop you. I look at your shop at least once a week. And I’ve done business with you. I enjoy getting boxes from you. You are very professional and fair. Instead of lettuce no their words hurt you, use them as armor. Let them make you stronger. You know the truth. And your friends here know your heart. As for the international people being rude… tell em to shove it in their apple pie.
Oh and I see you have a lil treasure kit in your store. Can’t believe someone hasn’t snatched her up. Hugs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sorry, can’t believe they think they’re getting a completed baby. Wow…
I didn’t get my sponge :weary: Lol

1 Like

Um … not lettuce. Autocorrect. Ugh. Letting. Not lettuce. Lol

4 Likes

No you are not rule for saying that, they need to learn to read

1 Like

No, like I said I try to help. I offered a refund if kits are returned in new condition, but not on shipping.
This was my response which is less kind than I usually am:

A doll “KIT” is never a finished doll. The title of my listing is Realborn doll “KIT”. My description says it is a “canvas” and “vinyl doll parts”. I also state body is sold separately and include a link to it in my listing description.
The top of the page I sent to you for more photos and information is also Bountiful Baby® “Kits”. and clearly states “comes unpainted and ready to reborn”.
Nothing was done to deceive.

Please research the cost of a finished reborn art doll before you say these hurtful things to another seller like me. You will see they are hundreds or thousands for a doll this detailed.

This doll kit price is regularly $59.95 each, so this was a great discount for the kit.
I am sorry you misunderstood. If you want to send the kits back, I will refund the kit price when I receive it in the new condition it was sent to you in. Shipping is non-refundable.

6 Likes

Yes, I have your sponge. There is something I am waiting on. Will PM you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. I feel my credit card itching. Dare I ask what kit?

I’m extra sensitive this week. I get crazies all the time. This one stung even though I’d like to pretend it didn’t. Thanks for letting me vent here. I knew you’d understand.

4 Likes

I’ve got lots of kits and bundles going out this week. I think bundles are all sold already, so time to make new ones :slight_smile: Feel free to make suggestions, no need to buy if it doesn’t suit your needs. You guys know I’m easy.

2 Likes

you just remember the people who count care about you. What kit. Your store is great. What kit. We all have bad days. What kit. And I’m always here if you wanna vent. Or form an angry mob. Lol

2 Likes

I’m not worried about it😉. I am rooting a head right now anyways. Please don’t worry

1 Like

I’m buying Rosie from you tommorow. Can you make a baby neutral bundle with one of those tack sponges included Message me the price.

1 Like

I actually had a sob story that turned out to be real. It was crazy. But I certainly felt better knowing I Hadn’t been ripped off… Some people though. Wow.

1 Like

What photo do you use to sell kits? When people use photo of finished doll, as so many do, I feel no sorry for them when the buyer buyer wants their money back. The photos suppose to be of the actual item not what it might look when it is painted, or renovated or what it looked like when it was new. Also, people advertising their completed dolls confuse thing further when they put in the title something like “Jenny reborn baby from Lilian kit by GL”.

People buying kits know what the doll will look like; if they do not know they can google it. People shopping for dolls for kids think that what is in the photo is what they are getting. it is up to sellers to set their listing such a way that it is not confusing. As eBay rules state that the photo needs to be of the actual item with nothing else that could make the buyer to think they are getting all the objects, I am sure that well presented PP claim will get them their money back every time.

When I sell some of my kits I could not be bothered to reborn I always list them with several pics of the kit parts and if I decide to put in the photo of finished doll it would only be the last one. That way people looking for doll will not even open my listing.

6 Likes

I have you on my Facebook and I saw a lady commenting like 15 times on your picture asking " how to fill up the doll"
And she was pestering you over and over
I’m so sorry you have to deal with that nonsense
Crazy people out there with nothing better to do

1 Like