Who wants to join in the FUN?! 😀😀😀

I started looking at reborns probably 8 years ago and wanted to do them, but was to busy and had NO money. Now I am still busy and because of them.I have NO money…lol. It’s because I wanted one but could not afford to buy one so I figured I would make them. I would still love to be able to get one of someone else’s one day and have a box opening.
Here is my favorite guy I have done so far, I am getting ready to list him soon.

9 Likes

I happened to stumble on reborns on Ebay, and for a few years I would watch the highest priced ones and would recognise the artist immediately by looking at the photo. I had to give up my full time career due to health issues and I decided I would buy a Molly starter kit from BB just to see if I could do it! at this point I didn’t know any fellow artists or seen any facebook sites, I sat on the kit for about 3 months before I got up the courage to start reborning it, my only teacher was video’s on YouTube, and I have never practiced I just got stuck straight into Molly, I finished Molly June 2014 and it was after that, I found other artists and began to discover how big the reborn world was. I haven’t been reborning throughout as it’s very expensive importing into New Zealand, so I guess I’m still fairly new to reborning but feel I have come a long way with techniques and micro rooting etc.

Here’s my first bub Molly

and my latest, most of you would have seen her Natesha (Saskia Brown) right now she’s my fav

11 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing Michelle! I always love reading your posts! Your always so positive :slight_smile: you are just as much a blessing to all of us!!! So glad you decided to stay :blush: and your babies are beautiful!!!

3 Likes

I love reading your posts too, @MichelleP20! You are so positive and bonus, post pics of cute babies.

As the mom of a teen with autism, I understand the struggle with socialization. My daughter does extremely well as far as autism goes, but continues to struggle with this. I’m so happy to hear that you found a good place to socialize and share your art. I bet everyone is extremely proud of you!

4 Likes

Those eyes are gorgeous!

2 Likes

@MichelleP20 Love you right back, sweetie. I always enjoy reading your posts. I might not contribute as much as I used to, been very busy, but still do pop in to read about my forum friends.

3 Likes

I love you sweet thang with a a heart of gold! :kiss:

5 Likes

I’ve been obsessed with dolls since before I could walk! I use to get those dolls from Target, but I always wanted something more realistic. those kind of babies didn’t weigh enough (in my opinion) and just didn’t look life-like enough for me. I found out about reborns a few years ago. I really wanted one but didn’t have the money for it. I discovered that you could make your own by buying parts online. I found out about BB (must have stumbled upon it one day:)) got a kit, and ordered some air dry paints. since then I’ve made a few babies (and sold some) below is a pic of an Elsie kit I made and sold!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story Michelle. I have agoraphobia and selective mutism in some places I am unable to speak at all, i.e. like today I have a doctors appointment and I have to write down what I want to say to her and while waiting to see her I have to wait outside away from others in the waiting room while trying not to have a panic attack. It makes life very difficult, I spend most of my time at home alone but I have my collection, cats and my cyber friends to keep me company.

7 Likes

Hi Kristi
I wasn’t a fan of this kit but after seeing your version I love it, she’s beautiful and just love those eyes.

2 Likes

Wow Jackie what a lovely story, how nice of your friend to help get you started.

1 Like

I love your version and suits being bald. I spotted this kit yesterday makes a lovely bub well done.

1 Like

I started reborning in February of this year. I bought my daughter an Ashton Drake and was less than thrilled with it. (They really doctor those pictures up). I came across Reborns on the web and thought, “I think I could do that.”. I also lost my mother 2 years ago and she loved loved loved dolls. She was my best friend. She taught me to sew, crochet, anything crafty. She was amazing. In a strange way, I feel a connection with her when I do a baby. If she were still here, she would have 100 of these things. Lol. It’s comforting to me.

10 Likes

I’ve worked with babies and kids for the las 19yrs and I think kids and babies are amazing little beings. I’m also kind of artsy so when I saw a reborn, it just looked like my natural path, my next adventure. Tegan was my first girl, not my dream kit but one of my top 5.

10 Likes

So sorry your best friend isn’t here on earth to see your babies! However, I have a feeling she’s with you and smiling down upon you every part of the way! :slight_smile: You’re baby is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing :blush:

2 Likes

I love seeing everyone come together and be able to open up!!! :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile: Let’s keep on this positive track :slight_smile: We don’t realize how much words typed on a screen can effect another person’s day! Thank you so much everyone for your openness and vulnerability! I love you gals :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi Michelle, I actually type up what I want to say to the doctor ahead of time like I typed it up last night. I just hand over the note, I have to do that when I first turn up as well a note to say who I am, who I’m seeing and that I will wait outside, I’ve only been here since last year but some of the staff are now recognising me so take care of things and make it easier for me.

3 Likes

I wanted a baby doll. Bought a collector doll but it was a toddler. Bought an Ashton Drake but it was awful! Returned it and bought a BB kit and bloomers and bows air dry paints. I have been thru those, then luminaries, now Genesis. And over 40 dolls. Sold some, kept some, gave some away, have some to get rid of still! I guess my favorite right now is a native American Kimi. She has alpaca hair which I have fallen in love with.

12 Likes