Who wants to join in the FUN?! 😀😀😀

Well, I figured I’d try to shed a little light :star: I thought a PIF is just what the Dr. ordered :slight_smile: If you want to be put in a drawing to win some fun baby goodies all you have to do is answer the question below. The deadline for this PIF will be 1 week from today.
Deadline: Friday June 3, 2016
Okay, here goes it:
WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO START REBORNING IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Feel free to post pictures of your favorite baby you’ve reborned thus far :baby: Now let’s have some FUN! !:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Isabella started it all for me. I had never heard of reborns and was curious so I started searching. I found Isabella on ebay and felt sorry for her. She was adorable and had no bids. So I started the bidding and ended the bidding. I purchased her for $85 shipped. When she arrived, I decided I had to learn the art.

I think my favorite ones I have reborned would be Presley Awake and Pixie

16 Likes

I think I stumbled on a video on facebook and thought who in the World would want one?! So I started researching them and found the artwork unbelievable! While looking at all the reborns on google and such my kids started asking “Oh can I have that one? No that one!” Etc. Well with 5 kids I figured it would be cheaper to paint them myself and maybe sell a few later on. So here I am in the Dolly World! :baby:

Here is my Latest, Charlotte ( I know most have already seen her…)

9 Likes

Fascinated by the realism some artists capture, I wanted to give it a try. This was my first newborn size.

10 Likes

I’ve always been fascinated by imitations of life-- especially wax figure sculpture, but had no idea how I would realistically be able to work in that medium. :smiley:

7 Likes

Don’t enter me, but I was a little kid in the fourth or fifth grade and was convinced I was ‘too old for baby dolls.’ :laughing: I did want an American girl really badly though, and I used to be kind of a loner and a nerd who spent a lot of time on Wikipedia reading random articles as a pastime. :joy: Anyways, I was reading an article on dolls and found a link to ‘reborn dolls.’ I clicked on it and the rest is history! Fell in love right away.

10 Likes

I fell in love with the BB chimps and then gradually started doing babies instead. I’d worked with babies my entire career as a nurse and had always loved painting, so I retired and morphed into a crazy doll lady! It keeps me out of trouble…mostly! LOL
I’m finishing this little one now as a portrait baby of my youngest son!

20 Likes

Boredom and loneliness! And now… I don’t only have this amazing artform… I have all you beautiful ladies in my life!!! Who knew??? But THANK YOU GOD! :grinning::heart::kiss:

21 Likes

Thank you! It’s a vinyl Jade Strydom from MacPherson’s.

2 Likes

I was obsessed with realistic dolls since childhood, but reborns didn’t exist then and nobody could afford anything even close. As an adult, I began painting on canvas, but had one major flaw that I could never correct: A need to focus on fine details. The really good artists have a way of “suggesting” things, while I couldn’t resist the urge to get in there with tiny brushes and capture every speck of everything. I saw pics of reborns not long ago and decided that my flaw may actually work to my advantage here, so I decided to give it a shot. I’m currently addicted and obsessed. :smile:

9 Likes

I am astounded by all of the amazing talent in one place!!! All of your babies are absolutely beautiful!!! I love hearing your stories too :blush:! I have been an Ashton Drake collector since I was 11 when my mom bought me the very first Ashton Drake vinyl doll “Cute as a Button”. I played with dolls until I was 12 (only stopped bc my friends had long left their doll playing behind :smiley:). Long story short, as I was browsing dolls at Christmas in search of So Truly Real ADG dolls for my daughter’s Christmas presents I stumbled upon reborns and I was utterly amazed that someone could paint a doll to look sooo lifelike!!! Needless to say, I had taken the semester off (decided to continue my education and become a school teacher) and being a very busy mom of 3 I wanted and needed a hobby (something I hadn’t had time for in years! ) After researching the incredible art form of reborning I just had to give it a try! I’m so grateful that God has allowed me to discover reborning and that this was meant for me :grinning:!!! Thank you everyone for sharing!!! Aren’t we blessed?!! We get to satisfy our love for dolls, watch them come to life right before our eyes, make money doing something we love, and meet wonderful people along the way!!! :slight_smile: Wow! God is GOOD :grinning::grinning::grinning::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

lovely job

2 Likes

GORGEOUS!!! And LOVE the elephant! Sooo cute :blush::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Awesome job!!! Beautiful coloring!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Incredible first baby!!! What a blessing to have all your supplies paid for!!! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Your baby is beautiful! I adore this sculpt!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s my BELLAPHANT! :heart:️ from @snuggle2me I’m obsessed!!!

5 Likes

I saw my first reborns on the internet and fell in love. I felt from the beginning that I could make them so I decided to try. I thought it was just another hobby when I started. I have had many, and I always get tired of them an move on. Not reborns. I love reborning and will continue to do it until I can’t any more.

14 Likes

My aunt lost her twins boys. They would have been 23 this year. I wanted to make them for her. I started making them from clay but when I started researching sculpting, reborns popped up. She doesn’t know what I’m up to lol Haven’t made them yet but they are already my favorite.

7 Likes

I found reborns by accident last summer on YouTube. I quickly became obsessed and already own two!!! I’ve always been creative and I’m currently building up my supply stash so I can make my first doll this summer. I bought 4 kits, hoping that by the 4th one I will be decent enough to make one for a friend😀

4 Likes