Who wants to join in the FUN?! 😀😀😀

Its kind of a long story but I’ll condense it…I was selling some of my older reborns the beginning of last year. I sold a doll to a lady in NH. We started emailing back and forth. After a few weeks she asked me how many of the dolls that I was selling did I reborn. I told her none but that I had been collecting them since 2004. I had over 100 and that was why I was selling some but that I had always wanted to try my hand at reborning. Fast forward to about a week and a half later when I got an unexpected package delivered to my house. I was shocked when I opened it and saw a blank Lainey kit and some supplies!! It was from the friend I had made in NH! She told me she would help me get started and also told me about the BB Forum. That was almost a year ago. Now I am addicted to reborning!!

13 Likes

Is this lovely friend on the forum still? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She works long hours and hasn’t been on here in a while but has the highest respect and love for all the ladies on the forum.

4 Likes

Well I am glad she got you started!

2 Likes

Wow!!! What an incredible blessing!!! :innocent: I’m loving all of these stories :grin::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Lol whoops well I’m not calling YOU a loner or a nerd!! You’re one of my favorite people!

2 Likes

I started because my daughter wanted one and they where to expensive for a 5 year old to play and forget in a few month. Funny thing now she wants to collect them and She is even learning how to reborn.

9 Likes

I’m addicted to anything and everything dolls. I was trapped in the bjd hobby, and it’s fun but the wait times for a doll are sometimes awful!!! So, I thought reborning while waiting for an order to be completed would be fun. Plus, it could even help me collect some extra dolly cash to keep fueling the addiction!

I’m starting to like blythes as well, but I’m stuck in a “It’s the dolls or you” situation. >n>

I’ll find a way!

5 Likes

That’s so awesome :grin:! I just bought my girls ages 7 and 11 a Byron today :blush: Hopefully we get to start next week :blush:

5 Likes

Awww I’m so sorry you’re being forced to choose between a loved one and your passion!!! Don’t they realize if they take away your passion they’re taking your joy with it?!!

2 Likes

That is awesome. My daughter is struggling
With the details because he is so small but it had bean a lot of fun reforming together.

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t think about that! Bryron’s even smaller than Caleb :smirk: I was thinking less to paint. Plus I use air dry and they dry quite fast! Oh well, I only paid $8 for their kits so at least I got them cheap :blush:

4 Likes

Yes I feel bad that I told my daughter to start with that one. It still is a good starter and not very expensive.

4 Likes

I have thought about bringing dolls in for my patients at work.(OT)

I originally thought would be a nice distraction from a fairly serious family problem. I work out as well to help stress. Life is much better now, but I still love the art. I will look for a favorite baby. I think since 2010 I have made at least 175.

13 Likes

So far my Hannah is my favorite I’ve reborned so far she is my best I’m working on puddin and Kimberly and poppet are close behind . I started bc my girlfriend introduced me to reborning and I fell instantly in love , I lost a baby 2 years ago.

9 Likes

So sorry for your loss.
Cute Hannah, I have that kit to do too.

3 Likes

So sorry. Your Hanna is adorable.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that! Thank you for sharing! Your Hannah is a cutie :blush:

3 Likes

Kristi she is absolutely stunning!!! I want to do a ginger soon! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow! You’ve got a lot of babies under your belt :heart_eyes: Your babies are always breathtaking! I’d love to see more :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes