Where women create (babies)

So pretty and relaxing.

2 Likes

I give myself three days. I think it was rooting that triggered it, I didn’t realize I was sitting in the same position for four hours without moving!

2 Likes

As my Son would say Grammy “Goals” You are well stocked, love your stash!

2 Likes

Wonderful space, its beautiful.

1 Like

I love all these photos! You know it doesn’t matter how big or where your space is, its really all about finding a little creative oasis for yourself. Thank you everyone for sharing, so awesome! I was" resting" my back at the beach yesterday, that means I let everyone carry all the stuff! I will get my photos up today.

2 Likes

You would be surprised what you can do with a small space, I have a friend who is a traveling artist. Her everyday job keeps her on move (airlines) and she shares an apartment with two roommates so she doesn’t have a dedicated space at home. She created a traveling studio and it was actually in an issue of Where Women Create. She bought a vintage suitcase at a thrift store, a big one and she used cardboard and foam core wrapped in fabric to make dividers and little drawers. She bought and collected all kinds of little tins and containers that she painted and decorated to store her brushes, pencils, bits and pieces. The suitcase is a work of art and it has everything she needs. She makes art at coffee shops. People always come up to her and talk to her about what she is doing and it attracts business.

Your happy space is where ever you make it.

You would be surprised what you can find at thrift stores for storage, a little cheap paint from a craft store and viola a secret studio.

4 Likes

Would you by chance have a polly maynard kit lol

Its a little dark, kinda early in the morning but I am up getting ready to reborn! This is my studio. I work here doing all kinds of projects but I carved out a little reborn space for myself.

6 Likes

No, I am sorry, I don’t see I don’t have everything, so sad when you get an order and don’t have it in stock. Maybe next time.

Thanks

I’ve got a small corner in my living room so I can be with the family :heart:

6 Likes

This is where I paint and watch what’s going on outside. The light here is the best in our whole house

. I inherited the table from my grandfather who always encouraged my artistic growth as a child. He was a country doctor and delivered lots of babies. I sort of think he’d like it that I’m using it this way.
My nursery / baby room / guest room is a mess and not to be viewed at the moment!

10 Likes

That is beautiful story and memories of your grandfather and the table is beautiful.

5 Likes

Thank you! He used to spend a lot of time sitting in “his” chair right beside this table. He was very special to me, and there are days when I feel him there still!

5 Likes

That is wonderful, family is so important I just wish the younger generation felt the family connection better.

3 Likes

Exactly! They are so busy, but they are missing something that those of us who grew up with close family ties know is a true treasure.

2 Likes

I did post my work place few years back, but there is no way I am posting the way it looks now. I am a very messy worker LOL

5 Likes

That means you’re really good!!! lol

4 Likes

who is the third baby head, I love his face!

2 Likes

I am sure that is Gudrun Legler sculpt, Tim?

1 Like