What were some of the first reborn forums? +What's next?

I’ve been thinking about how the community around reborns has changed over the years and I would love to know what were some of the oldest forums or web sites for reborning? (for artists or collectors)

Many of them might not exist anymore. I see posts on some sites (like doll-fan) where people are sad there’s not the same level of activity as there once was.

Also this site won’t exist for much longer (as per Nevin’s announcement a while back).
What’s next for doll forums? Are some still active?

Thanks for your thoughts!

When/where was this said? I did not see it?

Doll-Fan is the oldest forum I know of. I used to be on it but quit paying after it went so inactive. I also used to be in a small one called Love Me Tenderly Babies.

4 Likes

There was REAL….totally inactive if it still exists.
CORA in 2012
BabyBanter in Australia

1 Like

I’m looking but can’t find that announcement anymore. Maybe they decided to keep this forum active! :+1:

There hasn’t been an announcement. They have removed rhe forum in the past but put it back.

3 Likes

PRAISE…ERA and ARC

1 Like

ARC was great, but just couldn’t keep paying the fees for the number that participated. What was ERA?

1 Like

I need this forum. I really hope they don’t discontinue it.

3 Likes

@pia it was Exceptional Reborn Artistry…one of the first I joined along with PRAISE.

2 Likes

Same. Fb and such doesnt have the same closeness.

3 Likes

I agree. This forum is my support group, my prayer circle and my reborn buddies. I’d hate to see it disappear.

5 Likes

Nevin is turning the business over to his kids and he an Denise are retiring. Not much telling what will happen or if the kids will be able to keep BB alive?

2 Likes

Im wondering if we need to find a backup way to talk. Fb doesn’t do it for me. Its q cess pool that just makes me angry. :rofl:

3 Likes

I

Yep…me too! :smiling_face::heart:

2 Likes

Shoot :confused: I’d be sad to see it gone too. I think I randomly showed up here as a member one day after occasionally viewing the forum for what painting help I was able to view and what not lol but I have really enjoyed it…you ladies are a lovely bunch :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think Bountiful Baby is a family affair. I believe the kids have worked with Denise and Devin for years and know what they’re doing. It will probably be just fine.

5 Likes

Someone had an alternate forum for this one when there was lots of bickering going on here causing shut downs. I was on it but now it has been so long I cannot even remember what it was or who ran it. It may still be there for all I know…

2 Likes

Anjsmiles Are you thinking of “Dolly Drama”. ? I never posted on there,but I CAN say it lived up to it;s name :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: BB has been around a looooong time. I was also a member of AARG and Ethnic Cuddles. I am forgetting one :thinking:

1 Like

No not at all! I was a lurker on that forum and oh my stars!!!
The one I am thinking of was nice people, all from here who wanted to stay in touch while this one was shut down.

2 Likes

It’s a discord server

2 Likes