What were some of the first reborn forums? +What's next?

I don’t think any forum that charges will be as big/active

It was this forum… no new posts for about two years…

4 Likes

I can’t get to anything there. It says I have no forum accounts…
Just was going to look.

You aren’t listed as a member… Melissa was the ADM and @kareninflorida a Moderator. If we ever needed to go back to it, maybe Karen can approve member applications? We never has much participation.

It was a nice thing Melissa tried to do for us, providing another place to gather but it just didn’t go over very well. I haven’t logged on in over 2 years and doubt that she’s still paying to keep it running.

I didn’t hear that this forum will be shutting down and I don’t think that the kids will shut it down, it’s good for sales. We all talk about and try out products, get excited about kits, share information, and if the kids want to peek in once in a while, we are their demographic, they can see what we like, what we don’t, what we want, what we are willing to spend, what we are waiting…they market to us and we buy.

Everyone here buys from them, many of us for many years.

I don’t know what the longevity of this art form is. I try to tell myself that it has been more than 20 years maybe it’s like Barbie and Baby Alive and it’s just a classic, the bonus is silicone prices are coming down so it is evolving still.

With the knock offs I worry about an oversaturated market and this going Beenie Baby. I hope not.

If you look at Reborns.com you see we have new artists all the time, that’s good for BB.

Sadly many of those artists are here less for the hobby and more for the quick money they think they are going to make after watching a few You Tube videos.

More people keep finding these babies, there are still people out there who have never seen a real reborn.

I digress.

I think as long as BB exists this forum will, It would be silly to shut it down, it is up and running, the cost to run it is a write off and it’s good for business.

5 Likes

I probably removed myself as a member. At one point I do remember leave a few forums that I wasn’t being active in.

It isnt active anymore.

I can log in but never liked the set up compared to discourse forums but that one closed due to price, etc. and this one was a cheaper alternative.

I think you’re right, this forum must be good for business and I think it contributes a lot to the community which is under threat by the knock offs and cheap dolls being called reborn. Every doll uses that term now it’s basically is meaningless. Hopefully those who care to find out about the authentic one-of-a-kind reborns will dig deeper.

Reborns may not age, but it is interesting to see how the collector community and art form evolve over time!

1 Like