What sells better blonde newborn or brunette

Getting ready to root my sleeping June and cannot decide what color hair I want to root her with. Hubby feels Brown would sell better than a blonde. What do you all think…?

Do you have a picture of her? I’ve had both blondes and brunettes sit around for a bit, but they sell equally for me.

1 Like

Let me snap a few of her and post them

1 Like

Sorry my Layette box came!!! So I got a little distracted. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

She’s precious! I say brunette! Either would be precious though

3 Likes

Thank you I am going to lay some hair over her head later and see if that helps me to decide. I like the ones people have painted with brunette so was leaning that direction…

She is beautiful even without hair. If that is the dress she will be wearing, then I would go brunette.:heart:

4 Likes

Yep this is her dress I will be listing her in. Okay another brunette vote😁

1 Like

How well do bald babies sell, or do,you think she would sell better rooted? Thank you for your help.

1 Like

After seeing the Real Baby June she will forever have brown hair to me.

1 Like

I think that June would make a pretty bald baby. I feel that girls as baldies may be easier to sell since headbands can dress them up. It really depends on what price point you would like to get for her whether you leave her bald or root.

I just finished my Darren and will be working on June next. I’m really excited to finally get her done.

2 Likes

She was so fun to paint. I hope you enjoy her as much as I did. That is a good point, a rooted baby would sell for more… I am taking everything in consideration. Going to pick my hubbys brain a bit.

1 Like

To me it really depends on the buyer, I’ve sold a brown, blonde and bald all within past 2 months, there’s a buyer for all, My advice is go with what you like, :blush::blush:

2 Likes

June would make a pretty bald baby. She has a good head shape for it. I’m working on one too and can only picture her with light brown hair for some reason, so that’s what I’m going with. Yours is really cute.

As far as what sells, I’ve sold bald just as quickly as I’ve sold brown and blonde babies. Everyone has different tastes.

4 Likes

Please share your June when you are ready, would love to see her. I just chose a very light brown and I am going to try a sparsely rooted look. I never can attain sparsely rooted always end up with a full head, but not this time, I will prevail😆! I am aiming for this

5 Likes

Good luck with this! I can not seem to paint it or root it. Always turns out full. :grin:

5 Likes

I just downloaded an $11 tutorial from Etsy that had great reviews so I will keep you posted lol

4 Likes

I can’t ever get the sparse look either. Mine always end up with super thick heads of hair. :grimacing:

I’ve always struggled with thin hair until just recently when I’ve been able to do it, but I don’t know how because I’m not doing anything differently. But I recently bought 1/4 oz of awesome hair and I have rooted two newborns with it and have enough left for a third. I don’t have a clear pic of her hair other than a rooting WIP

5 Likes