What kind of Paint should I use for LDC, soft German, and Chinese vinyl reborn doll

Hi, I hope you are fine.
Thank you all for sharing your experience. I really appreciate your assistance.
Just I have a question regarding the paints.
I have some soft reborn kits, but I’m afraid to use genesis oil paints and bake the doll.
The problem is that I have only genesis oil paints and I didn’t use or own air dry paints.
For example: Lovelyn by Ping Lau, Chloe by Linda Murray , Corvin by Sabin Altenkirch , One kit from Otarddolls and it’s Chinese soft vinyl.
So my question is : Can I apply genesis oil paints and bake those dolls ?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Welcome! I am not an expert but I think they are better suited to Air Dry Paints as they are pretty soft when baking but have never painted one. I am sure someone will be along shortly that is an expert! Good Luck!

I never knew there was a difference that you couldn’t bake some kits??? Is this true??? If so I may have to buy only BB kits because that is scary!

1 Like

Some people have baked with success but others have had problems.
@Sony72 may have more info for you.

Thank you AtticFlowersDollArt so much for your reply.
I tried to read sony27 topics, but her profile is hidden from the public.
I think we can reduce the oven temperature, or what do you think

1 Like

Yes, me too. I was surprised when I searched for that.

1 Like

Here is some info. If you type in Soft Line Kits in the search bar you may come up with more.

1 Like

I baked my Andi kit by Linda Murray which was very soft just like I do any other kit and it was perfectly fine. I do normally put polyfil inside my heads in case they become very soft while baking it would help keep the shape.

1 Like

Thanks for your help :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:. because I’m a new member of the BB forum.

1 Like

If I put polyfil inside the head. Will not produce any fire or smells after baking the doll?
Also, what temperature you set for baking, and how long?
Thanks

No baking with polyfil will not start a fire. I even line my oven with quilt batting. I bake at 265 for 8 minutes.

2 Likes

What kind of oven?

Nuwave oven

1 Like

So no problems with baking LDC reborn kit and soft vinyl kits?