What is up with the constant sales?

I don’t understand this cash flow situation that is leading to constant sales. I know a lot of you like this but I do not. When BB kits are constantly on sale it devalues them. Now I have kits sitting here I have yet to get round to reborning that are not worth what I paid for them and if I tried to sell them the expectation would be to sell them for less than I paid. If BB starts making silicone kits and then doing this with their silicones it will significantly tank their values as well. I thought the whole intial point of the Realborn kits was to have a special line of kits here that were not the low end budget kits. Yet here they are on sale for less than $35. It used to be they were a nice happy medium between super expensive kits and the lower end kits. Now not so much.

5 Likes

I hear you. The Realborns are unique to BB and that in itself makes them a little more valuable. I might be wrong, but I think BB is struggling and just trying to stay afloat.

2 Likes

BB has always had sales as long as I can remember, it’s not a new thing.

9 Likes

Yea but not like this many in a row for this long.

2 Likes

I don’t know I’m remembering sales before Covid being different kits switching out constantly and something always being on sale. And then they had other big holiday sales as well.

7 Likes

I agree. I remember before Covid, even a year or so before that, they’d usually have a few kits on sale at a time. You could get 1st quality realborns for around $25. Of course there weren’t as many to cycle back then, but there were still good sales

9 Likes

The sales used to be a few kits at a time, not almost all of them. I guess it’s a good time to stock up.

1 Like

Yep :wink:
This has HUNDREDS of comments from me of updated sales kits clear back in 2016

6 Likes

I don’t think the constant sales are the problem. It’s the wording. Calling it cash flow issues makes people think they are having financial trouble. Then when the forum went down, the default message on the host site said if you’re the owner to contact them to correct failed payments. That right there triggered even more people to think bb is having financial issues. But then prototype artists started sharing pics of silicone Realborns. To me, that shows the company is probably doing fine. But I wish they would stop using concerning language to explain thier sales.

16 Likes

Yes this is how I’m remembering.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you, to me it seems unprofessional to share their money issues with us or I feel they are trying to make us feel sorry for them, low on cash, etc. Also,with all the issues they have had on poor quality, i feel they should fix ALL the Chinese issues rather then sell dolls that may be very damaged making it frustrating to paint at the least, or the dolls are unsellable as first quality making the artist feel as if buyers might think the artist is not very good.
My first thought when reading thhe message about the forum and the need for BB to make a payment was my gosh their going under, what will i do w/o the Forum.
PS, I dont believe they are the largest doll manafacture of the world!! Try saying that without singing the Queen song​:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Yes the wording has definately made for raised eyebrows and so did the message about non-payment on the forum.
I do know BB has had kits go on sale all the time. What I don’t remember is logging in and seeing every kit on sale for 50% or whatever amount so much as I have seen lately. Maybe I am just more aware of them now because of all the weird wordings about cash flow issues. Either way, I am also recognizing that it does not pay to buy a kit at full price here because you just might see it half off soon after. Overall, that does devalue the kits to have such fluctuating prices all the time and I think customers have come to expect BB kit babies to sell for much less than other babies when they look on line and see a kit selling for $35 or less. Yes, we all know there is more to making a reborn than that but that does not stop the mindset none the less. As for the quality issues, that is a whole nuther nut to crack!

5 Likes

And selling kits that have vinyl issues, that i dont understand still. Waisted time painting just for problems that could have problems appear later even after selling. I sure don’t want a customer complaining after they have paid and received it. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Do collectors shop for kits before buying dolls? How would they know how much a kit cost? Or how much you spent on your supplies? BB kits at full price cost as much as kits from other retailers once you add bodies & shipping etc. sales are a great opportunity to stock up and awesome for beginners who can’t spend a lot or worry about ruining an expensive kit with their experimenting. I’ve seen high end doll artists sell BB kits for just as much as every other kit. It’s about the quality of the finished product IMHO… the art that goes into the creation of it. No one has to know how much you spent on your canvas. Just don’t plan on buying BB kits to resell as blank kits :wink:

10 Likes

You will never hear me complaining about the sale of anything.

7 Likes

I love sales but with so much going on I try and get 1 kit at least when can if I wasn’t spending $200+ on putting oil in car to be able to go from a to b etc and finding a car in my price range after all should be little easier I love the Realborn kits.

1 Like

Yes customers do look up prices on kits. Not all, but many do. A lot buy their own kits to send out to be reborn or painted. Just my observations on things. You don’t have to agree but I know what I have experienced.

1 Like

I agree with you @anjsmiles
The only positive about this is that now beginners has access to genuine kit for less than the copies…
Oh and who want to pay full price for an uncertain quality vinyl ?

I have been buying kits w ith my other supplies for making the shipping cost worth it, having in mind the intention of selling them. But I have paid more for them that what they are sold now so now I am stuck with them. No one would want to buy them when they can get all of them in 50% anytime.

1 Like

Theyre must going back to their normal price when they have a sale. Before covid the price of kits here was half what they are these days. I like the sales. To me i just think of it as their normal price .

5 Likes

I gather it is just a temporary thing until the cash flow situation is resolved.

1 Like