What is up with the constant sales?

I think they have so many “bad” vinyl kit in stock that they want to get rid of them and a sale is the way to do it. Maybe they figure if the price is low enough nobody will complain about them. So instead of trying to figure out which kits are ‘bad’ and which kits are ‘good’ they’ll just sell them all on sale and try to clean out the stash. I remember when BB kits ‘firsts’ only cost $24.95 each, that was the high price and they’re sales were around $14.95, those were the days!!

9 Likes

Yeah but they don’t know what you paid for it :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yes I remember the days lol

1 Like

I am not buying kits currently. I have an embarrassing stash, I paid full price for the kits I now have in storage.

I could get frustrated but the stash I had before this I mostly got on sale from BB (back when they had great sales (before covid, and I missed them so much) so it is all a wash.

I am not sure the kits are devalued, I am not sure BB kits are collected and sold like most SOLE kits, I could be wrong. I think kits here are:

1. Entry level sculpts, new artists come here to get an inexpensive sculpt to get their feet wet and see if this is something they want to invest in doing.

2.BB levels the playing field so most people can participate in this hobby, and collect. If the sculpts and supplies are reasonably priced, artists can pass that on when selling.

1. Realborns. No one else is doing them, you can only get them here, that is kinda cool.

That being said, it isn’t the sculpt as much as what you do with it. We are creative ladies. The best part of painting these babies is making it yours, and enjoying all the different ways we paint the same sculpt. I love aria asleep, don’t like area awake. When I made her into an alphaba, viola that sculpt is awesome. The same with Laila awake, I made her into a Japanese fairytale baby and I loved it, even though I really don’t like the awake sculpt.

There are all different kinds of collectors out there. There are also all kinds of artist, different skill levels and no two babies are alike. I swear I have never seen a baby painted so much as Johanna and people still love her.

As for BB having financial problems, I think everyone is having their own brand of problems. I personally would buy a couple sale babies if they need to pay some bills. I want them to hang around, I really love not having to pay 100-150 a sculpt all the time. I also love the realborns. If they go silicone I am in so much trouble, I just paid off my credit card…grrrrr

Don’t get me started on the five dollar sale bodies, I go crazy when that happens.

JMO

tmV6uukWC1UKkNxkQjtrDp.jpeg)

6 Likes

Your art is beautiful work!

FYI I just bought myself a reborn Grumpy Sage from another artist because I wanted one and do not often have time to reborn for myself. So yea, the Realborns are unique. She was also sold at a very reasonable price for good work.