What Gets your Creative Juices Flowing?

What helps you while painting? Is it TV? Is it Music? What helps you get the mind flowing?

Me: I love listening to Jazz or Smooth R&B/Neo Soul. Mostly Jazz with a lot of smooth sounds…Base…Piano…like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Robert Glasper…deep soulful Jazz.

What about you guys? What gets you guys going?

6 Likes

I usually put Netflix on with something I don’t have to pay too much attention to, like a Disney movie or a series like Friends. My brain tends to get understimulated when I only have music on and then I get distracted by my phone or something.

5 Likes

Lol! Same! Except usually my five year old picks the show and I sit next to her and listen while I paint. Most days she has paper and and scissors and pencils and is busy creating her own artwork too :blush:

3 Likes

I listen some creepy gost stories on youtube…or sometime reborn relate videos. But most of the time, I listen my 3 kids screaming, fighting or play…:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@Leabelle haha same here either paranormal podcasts or paranormal tv shows

2 Likes

Occasionally I’ll listen to informative things, but most of the time it’s music. I love all types and switch up depending on mood… lately has been 80s and 90s R&B. :grin:

5 Likes

Being alone with my thoughts works for me. I like silence while I work on my babies.

6 Likes

I Usually have Netflix on. Unless it’s a show on tv that I wanna watch.

2 Likes

I like to listen to podcasts and books audiobooks

4 Likes

Music, mostly Irish traditional and Dave Bruebeck style jazz or 70s easy listening like John Denver. Also, am always inspired when looking at pics of real babies.

2 Likes

Wow guys! If I watch tv, or have the TV on, I will stop to watch lol. I get distracted when I have TV/Movies on. Music keeps me in a calm state where I can concentrate

2 Likes

I LOVE watching Paranormal/Oddities/Suspense type shows and movies. I definitely wouldn’t concentrate bc I would be too interested in the show lol

2 Likes

That’s why I just listen stories ! If I watch videos or tv shows, I forgot to paint ! I think the creepy just right balance the cuteness.

2 Likes

I love listening the Enya when I paint, she always inspires me!

5 Likes

I’m like @jeanhai Silence please!

1 Like

How do you paint in silence? The noise in my head would drive me insane. :joy:

7 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I mostly listen to Third Day, Crowder, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Need to Breathe…

1 Like

For me, my creative juices start flowing when my head hits the pillow and there’s not a darn thing I can do about it then HAHA!!!

7 Likes

Books on tape or tv nothing serious.

1 Like