What do you hate the most?

I hate going back over before baking and picking LINT/FUZZIES off…

Just got done picking them off August

GRRRR…no matter HOW careful I am…
I can always find them…are they in the air??..my sponges???..I lay everything on clean paper towels…

I can only see bigger ones with my eyes (but that’s not saying much…i have to paint using a magnifier)…so I use my 10x lighted magnifier to try to get them all…

Then …I get obsessed…I feel like a mama monkey picking nits off her baby :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I hate to insert and set the eyes.

9 Likes

Ugh,painting hair. I wish I had a monkey here to smack me silly every time I think about trying it.

5 Likes

I think rooting and also assembling.

1 Like

I love rooted hair, but actually rooting it is so tedious. Painted hair isn’t much better. Photo shoots are what I hate the most.

Maybe it’s where I live, but I use air dry paints and I’ve never had a problem with lint or fuzz. That would probably make me not even want to reborn.

1 Like

I don’t do reborns but I hate, hate, hate setting eyes. On anything, they just never seem to work easily. They take an age to get even and symmetrical and by the time they are, I’ve looked at them for so long they then don’t look right :crazy_face:. Like when you look at a word repeatedly and it starts to look really weird :laughing:.

I agree that positioning eyes can be problematic.

Oh man. This. It took me so many tries to get the eyes in a couple of my WIP’s the other day haha. They really should offer pre-inserted eyed kits cuz I’d be interested! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You don’t paint with Genesis? I don’t worry about lint or fuzz. I just paint away. Before the next layer I just kind of bush my hand over the piece and then carry on. I don’t find anything sticks in the paint at all.

4 Likes

For me it’s the photoshoot hands down.

3 Likes

Same! I great artist i learn from said dont worry about lint when doing heat set. And sure enough i bake fuzzies and all and once dry it just wipes right off. It was for that reason alone i switched from airdry. Sooooo sticky that process

5 Likes

@Jamie4707 Not for me. I wonder what was different for you and me.

1 Like

Not sure what you use for air dry. I have heard that ultimate fusion does not collect the lint like other air dry. Golden definitely does.

1 Like

I use Liquitex Professional Soft Body and Hard body.

Haven’t tried those. What I have found the difference is, is that with the air dry the lint mixes in with the paint and it cures stuck in there. But with the genesis it’s so thin it just sits on top and once the paint is cured, it’s not stuck or attached and it just wipes right off no need to pick anything.

1 Like

@quiltsabunch

Yes…it’s when I seal the limbs. I use thick medium (not for much longer…I’m amost out…:tired_face:)

While it’s still wet…stuff sticks to it…

1 Like

Well, that sucks if you start out right with it in your sealer

It’s definitely the assembling part for me. Listing come equal, than photoshoot. All the rest I enjoy, even picking lint don’t bother me too much.

1 Like

Veining, I love the aftermath but it’s hard to find the lines when adding the first few layers and it’s pretty time consuming imo :weary:

2 Likes