What do you hate the most?

Also lint and dust. That and rooting. Love rooted hair, but hate rooting. It’s so tedious, I get hair everywhere, always root a hair or two into my fingers cause I’m so clumsy, and my hand starts cramping after a while.

4 Likes

I used rebornfx primer, hunnybugs airdry paint, with golden mediums.

1 Like

I hate having to take months-long breaks! My husband decided we needed to re-side the house and fix some stuff this summer and I haven’t had time to paint in months because of all the construction dust everywhere.

I am clearing off a space to work from this weekend. I keep staring at this partially painted Denver Rose awake kit and just want to finish her so I can hold her!

3 Likes

I think I would have to say I HATE to set eyes! That’s my #1. Next it would have to be pictures-------I hardly ever take pictures of my dolls, I’m really lousy at it. I’ll take A picture but forget taking a whole layout of them. NOPE, Not happening!! hahaha. Most of the dolls I make are “sleepers”, any wonder?

2 Likes

If I didn’t need the pictures to sell online I’d barely take any either. Just a couple to remember the doll and that’s it.

1 Like

I know this one is a lot of people’s favorite thing, but I don’t enjoy starting on a fresh kit. Choosing one, sure. But putting those first layers on that hardly show any progress is painful for me. When I get halfway through, I am super excited to finish painting. When I have one in the beginning stages I can hardly sit myself down :laughing:

8 Likes

Ya opposite here. I love starting a new one, it’s super exciting. After working for a while I’m wishing I was done and lots of times already thinking about starting another. Not that I’m not enjoying myself, I just wish the process didn’t take as long and I could get to another one.

3 Likes

Same here! I think to starting the new one in the middle of working on someone. I dislike finishing steps.

2 Likes

Fingernails and toenails.

2 Likes

I used to hate doing nails! I do them with a beige prismacolor pencil now and enjoy it much better now. I can wipe away what i don’t like and it’s easier to have a steady hand with a pencil rather than paintbrush. Here’s the latest ones I did with the prismacolor pencil:

10 Likes

They are so nice.
My Prisma will not drew on unvarnished viny.

1 Like

Yes, I do skin texture and then nails, then varnishes. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I do prisma too. Did you do prisma for the pink part as well or just the tips? They look very nicely blended.

1 Like

I use the beige prismacolor pencil for the nail tips and moons if I do them, the pink is from painting.

3 Likes

I do prisma nails too! Omg game changer for me!

10 Likes

Those are beautiful nails!

2 Likes

Thank you! It was my first try at prisma nails! Id love to try pan pastels at some point

3 Likes

What color did you use, they are Beautiful, stick with it, it’s working for you! What do you seal the pencil with?

1 Like

I used french gray for the half moon with tuscan lake i believe its called to blend the middle. And then i used french gray with a touch of beige on the tips. Blended them with thinner. I sealed with americana soft touch varnish. And thank you so much!

3 Likes

Well, you did GREAT, I have rarely seen nails that looked better!!

1 Like