Vintage Baby Challenge! Entries closed

When are the finished babies’ pics due? Am I blind?

1 Like

WIP’s or Blank Sculpt Jun 30. Final Pics July 31st. Yay glad you are joining us. @Miss_Kitty

3 Likes

I mayyyyy. But not Dracula… Mwahaha

1 Like

Ooooo a mystery! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m thinking about joining this challenge with a Vintage Alternative. I just need some advice to decide if I’ll be able to make it in time.

Can anyone who has gotten a kit to a white color, give me a ballpark figure about how many washes/layers it took to get there? How do you maintain consistency with using white…how many brush amounts would you suggest to mix with thinner to avoid getting chalky? I need the kit to be as porcelain white as I can get…I’m still currently using Genesis.

Thank you in advance! If I’ll be able to join, I’ll take a photo of the blank kit as soon as it arrives.

1 Like

I use Air Dry and for me it depends on how translucent you want. 3 or more for Air Dry. And at least 10 for a white color if you are going with very thin layers.

2 Likes

It depends on the look. My cat I use 2 layers of white with almost no dilution, only a bit of medium and a 2-3 drops of water. But I wanted it to be opaque. If you dilute too much and gives too much layers there’s a chance it will look chalky or blotchy.

6 Likes

Such a cute cat! I love seeing her.

2 Likes

Yes! That’s the kind of white I’m looking for! I want to get the whole kit that color. :heart:

Thank you very much @Leabelle and @AnnieSokay! I really appreciate the help/advice you both gave! I think I will be able to join this challenge after all…I’m excited…my first challenge. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Yay, glad you are joining us!

1 Like

Do we submit our WIPs in this thread?

No, please PM it to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still waiting on my supplies to come in the mail I hope I don’t miss out all together :cry:

2 Likes

Oooo my baby gave me a scare, lol. She is ok now. I thought I was going to have to choose another. How many babies can we enter? @RebeccaKatie

3 Likes

BUMP! Just want to update everyone- please get your blank kit or WIP pictures in by June 30th!

6 Likes

This is tempting, I have two vintage cotton gowns I have wanted to use…

4 Likes

You should join!! If you need more time getting in a wip or blank kit picture that is fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to join, but won’t be able to post a pic till Friday.

1 Like

No worries, just PM it to me when you have a chance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So far I have 16 people that have sent in wip or blank kit photos. If you want to participate make sure to get in a wip or blank kit picture as soon as you can! Deadline for final photos may be pushed a week due to a family trip. I will update soon :slight_smile: Thank you to all participating and those donating prizes. Can’t wait to see all the babes together!!

12 Likes