Vintage Baby Challenge! Entries closed

I hope I can do this! I need to root root root! Plus I have so many other art projects going on so we shall see, but it is such a cool idea :grinning:

1 Like

You can do a vintage bald baby and root it later.

3 Likes

IĀ“m in, although I donĀ“t know when and where to paint with renovations going on in the entire house :see_no_evil: Hope IĀ“m able to finish her in time.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely in! Love the vintage vibe!

1 Like

Would you please educate me. Beside vintage clothes, how the reborn vintage baby should look like?
like Donna Briggs style?

3 Likes

Count me in!!

2 Likes

I would like to donate a prize as well. I sent you a pm. This is going to be fun to see everybodys work. Thanks for hosting.

3 Likes

So fun! Iā€™m definitely in! I think voting would be fun, but a parade would be fun as well. Thank you for organizing this! I canā€™t wait to see everyoneā€™s vintage babies

2 Likes

You can do the baby in any style and just have vintage clothes if you want. Maybe vintage .props. LaDonnaā€™s style would be considered vintage I think. Or maybe you could paint one to look like an old porcelain doll or something.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in, I have a fun vintage alternative, I canā€™t wait to see everyoneā€™s babies!!

3 Likes

It is really open to interpretation and feel free to be creative! You can use vintage props or clothing, or you can look at vintage baby artwork and style a doll like them. LaDonna Briggs does a vintage style for sure! I was looking at some old artwork and just thinking how the vintage dolls and babies look: the big eyes, rosy cheeks, curly hair, etc. You could make a doll with those characteristics.

12 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Omg that first baby is 100% Lennox :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bump - in case anyone missed it

3 Likes

My kit I chose for this is on my way to me!

3 Likes

Iā€™m in! Sounds like fun. Now to go through my stash and see who my little victim will be!

7 Likes

What a fun challenge. I would like to participate, but I am not sure if I will have time unless I enter one of the babies I will be painting that are already spoken for. I am sorry if I missed it, but I am assuming that we cannot show or sell our babies before the poll/parade? Thank you for hosting and I look forward to all the vintage babies!

4 Likes

I didnā€™t put any rule about that because I know a lot of people here sell their dolls. Maybe try to keep pictures off the forum until after the contest? But of course if you are selling you can post pictures on that platform (eBay, reborndotcom, etc.). And you are more than welcome to enter a doll you already started. Does that sound okay with you?

6 Likes

Yes, that is totally fine! I am in then- this is the first time I have ever had the time to participate in one of these and this one is perfect for me as I love vintage/antique baby things!

2 Likes

Wonderful! So glad to have another participant. I love vintage baby things too. Thatā€™s the hardest part of hosting is not doing the contest myself :sweat_smile: (But Iā€™m going to dress up a babe for myself anyway lol)

6 Likes