Update Front Page on Reborns

I am not sure. I would assume by default all things would be selected???

I would have thought so too but I’m thinking maybe not if the search didn’t work for him.

2 Likes

Exactly, as someone new to the site, all these filters are crazy. And they won’t know how to use them. I don’t even know how to use them!

2 Likes

Everybody needs to bombard Dave with their concerns and complaintsc and let him know that so many filters aren’t helpful, just confusing. If our dolls don’t come up even if you use the filters, what good are they? Of course, he’ll probably just tell you to clear your cache. That seems to be his answer to everything. The site is a hot mess right now. What exactly is it we’re paying for if nobody can find our dolls or nurseries?

4 Likes

Dave’s response today

4 Likes

The biggest problem is that it doesn’t work well. Pre owned dolls are technically second hand dolls and are currently taking up a lot of space on the front page, bumping the new listings. Since alternatives can’t be there it seems like 2nd hand ones shouldn’t be, either. Please put the nurseries list back on the front page. Where they are now, they’re not even alpabetical and it’s nearly impossible to find a particular one even if you know the name.

4 Likes

Yea the original website i have to for year, called me a fraud but i can still get in my account and look at the dolls, or something I might need. Then i order it and i go to my account and its canceled. Well a while back my bank changed to Firstinterstate Banking, and so i had to get a different card, but i put all my new information and everything but it won’t work to order anything. I don’t understand? I need items from this website to make my dolls I ORDERED FROM THIS BEFORE, BECAUSE I have the kit but i cant get the rest of it.

Your post is regarding your problem with BB and not with the reborns.com site, I am not sure who you need to contact or how you can go about it? What are you trying to order? BB is probably not your only source?

2 Likes

And why does he band someone who has been buying dolls there for a long time, and then poof your called a “fraud”, and not being able to buy anything anymore? I mean i make them for me because it helps with stress and depression to see what you made it helps with the depression and stress your going threw; but not being able to order anything from there, well i can’t finish my dolls.

Well i buy dolls, and i need plugs and rings, and bodies

I heard that reborn dolls was a big scam for some reason

reborns.com is a website where artists sell their finished dolls. Sometimes there are kits for sale and some clothing/ accessories but it is mostly finished dolls…

1 Like

I just sent him this email. Even though I am in free status right now I have been a seller there many years and pay regularly so I feel I have a right to weigh in on these things.
Angie Jones anjsmiles@gmail.com
8:45 AM (0 minutes ago)
to David

Good morning! Hope you are having a great weekend! I am writing you this email because I would like to weigh in on some of the changes you have made but I currently am not in a paid status so I cannot comment on the message board. I am an artist who has been selling there for years but I only pay to sell during the months I am actively making and selling dolls. During the month of December I am taking a holiday break so I currently am in the free status.

I know you have probably been bombarded but I want to also state that this new configuration looks so cluttered and confusing to me. Yes, you can customize your view but as mentioned by others, a new buyer coming to the site is not going to do that right off. This is what is the first impression they will see. IMO newly made babies and pre-owned babies should not be mixed together. I customized my settings to only show Featured reborns, artist listed, reborn showcase and recently viewed.
When I pull it up that way the Featured section and the Showcase is STILL full of pre-owned dolls. I thought unclicking that was supposed to remove them from what I am seeing??? I get that preowned things are being sold by people paying as well and occasionally I sell something preowned too but mostly my stuff is new. Alternatives are given less priority on the page right now than preowned which seems odd to me since they are newly made. As for the artists and nurseries being listed on the front page I could not care less about that. I am find with it being a button/tab to click to get to see that. While I get that you can’t please everyone and the site has gotten very large it seems that new stuff should be promoted over used stuff and that overall the front page should be very simple. I also think that if one clicks to not see something then it should not be seen in any section including featured or newly listed. If I don’t want to see it one place I don’t want to view it in another either. That is just my 2 cents.

Regardless, thank you for providing a selling site and I will be back to paying status after the holidays when I resume making dolls to sell. I do keep up with what is going on via other chat boards where this is heavily discussed by our community.

8 Likes

I wish the site could go back to what it was 5+ years ago. It was easy to use. It seems like there are so many requests for changing things when there was nothing wrong with it before.

6 Likes

I agree. It’s very complicated now. Most buyers are looking for, and at, dolls that are for sale, not dozens of filters, never mind that you have to search the site to even find those. I don’t think the searches need to be scaled down this much. There’s just too many of them. I also would like to see just the dolls that are currently for sale on the front page, not all the dolls that have ever been listed as one of the first things you see. 22,000+ (changed to 2500+) is overwhelming and if people think they have to look through all those they’ll just look elsewhere.

3 Likes

It’s a mess. I do not like the updates at all! Nothing wrong with the way it was!! To many cooks in the kitchen, he says so himself. Trying to please everyone and giving all a say is nice but not very practical for running a site. It is turning into a pre owned hellscape anyway! There are plenty of sites for used goods, can’t we get a selling site for new dolls only?!

7 Likes

He was very nice in his response to me and he is working on making some changes to it. He also figured out that there was a glitch that was not filtering out things properly on the front page which was why I was still seeing pre-owned dolls after unclicking it and he fixed that.

4 Likes

I am not sure about Nursery Showcase and I think it has included used dolls from collector’s “nurseries” for quite some time. I have not ever used the word nursery because I do not have one. I have a studio that I use for all sorts of art. I believe that the section that is now “Featured artists” takes space of away from dolls. You can follow artists to see what they have, but when I search it is usually for a particular doll. I also read what was posted above to mean that this rotation will cycle through all dolls in your “nursery” starting with those available, but including those that are sold. I leave what has sold there for those that care to see it, but I do not want it showing on the front page. I have not been listing there for awhile, but I just do not get it.

2 Likes

What is the purpose for sold dolls to take up room and rotation space? Just strange. And I believe that pre-owned dolls should have a separate section on the site, away from the new artist created dolls. I wish he would do more for artist sellers.

7 Likes

I second this. I wish the same thing all the time. Maybe with all the sellers now we wouldn’t find it that great anymore anyway though who knows. There are a few new features since then that I do like but they are nothing to do with the front page or how buyers would use the site.

3 Likes