Too much mottling?

Is there such a thing a too much- i that’s true for anything- but is this baby too mottled?

8 Likes

Looks great to me!

2 Likes

I do not think it is too much in terms of amount but I would suggest to blend it more so it is more subtle in intensity.

4 Likes

Thank you😊 I’m not sure how to blend without making it too red….

Here’s a baby with really prominent mottling. Pretty sure it’s real :thinking:Some just have that. I like it depending on the kit

9 Likes

I love lots of mottling, especially on a newborn sculpt!

5 Likes

I love those legs!!

1 Like

Me too!! Your baby’s made me think of this picture!

1 Like

Oh well don’t listen to me then. It might be looking stronger to me because the thinner is still wet. If it has not been heat set yet the way to blend it would be to light pounce over it with a wedge that is dampened with thinner. But if you like it just keep going as it is.

WOW this is a lot!

1 Like

It so is :joy: splotchy little thing!

Well, here’s my granddaughter at 10 days.

And at 3 months :grimacing:

So…I would say nope. Not too much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

She is a beautiful baby! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Perfection! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

precious!

1 Like

Adorable little chunky girl!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::spaghetti:

1 Like

Thanks friends. She will be 3 on Sunday.

If you look closely you can still see her mottling. I don’t know why people think only newborns have mottling. Maven clearly proves otherwise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I mottle so that it is visible. If you are using GHSP, the red always fades after baking.

2 Likes

I personally like lots of mottling! I like visible mottling too. To me it looks realistic. But that’s just me. Here’s a doll I had custom made a few years ago: I don’t know if you can see her mottling.

I realize that mottling can be a preference. I don’t know if this helps. The photos are progress pictures of my doll, Isabella who was reborned by Vanessa Trefethen of Middle of Nowhere nursery.

9 Likes

Looks like BB Libby?

1 Like