Too many wrinkles

Just my opinion but most of the recent realborns have wrinkled foreheads, wrinkled eyelids, just too many wrinkles for me. Eyes look bulging and foreheads angry or upset. They are too deep to ignore from the looks of the prototypes. I will not buy many of the new ones that are wrinkled and unhappy looking. Does anyone else feel this way? I have seen many newborns and very few are this wrinkled and I don’t believe all these newborns are all wrinkled like this, am I wrong?

10 Likes

I agree. I would buy very few of the new ones. Personal preference. I don’t think they’re bad, I just don’t like them

Hi @Shera1 :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Hi kiddo hope you are happy and healthy. :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

They aren’t “bad” I just don’t think you need to have that many deep wrinkles on some of these. My personal preference.

1 Like

I don’t see very many Realborns like that. They are scans of real babies, after all. I don’t think extra wrinkles have been added.

1 Like

That’s how I felt about Pearls big eyelid wrinkles, the real baby’s eyelids looked smooth, so I’m not sure what happened… I’ll still buy her. But I do agree there’s too many wrinkles on a lot of the new babies.

4 Likes

I was not implying they added wrinkles and I don’t wish to argue over them it is just my “personal” opinion and i don’t ask anyone to agree with me. You may purchase what makes you happy and have your own opinion which I respect.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to imply that and I certainly don’t want to argue either. I’m not overly fond of scrunchy faced babies that look like they’re in pain or upset. I like mine to look happy and serene.

I am not a wrinkled forehead fan at all. I’ve seen a few babies with some wrinkles, but not like on the latest Realborns. I think the wrinkles make them look like elderly people. That’s how they translate on the dolls.

4 Likes

Honestly I love them lol. I definitely respect everyone’s opinion because at the end of the day that’s what it boils down to and this world would be so boring if we all liked the same thing. For me personally I think it adds to the realism I’ve seen quite a few real newborns wrinkling up their little forehead and I think it’s the cutest thing ever.

1 Like

I like the scrunchy face open mouthed wrinkled ones, lol. The smiley ones are scary. The serene ones are cute and peaceful which I like too but I love the weird looking ones. :woman_zombie: :elf: :vampire:

2 Likes

The realborns are made from scans of real babies so that is just how the real baby was.
I should imagine they are using different looking babies, as in more wrinkles, smaller size, chunkier cheeks ect to give us more variety in the realborns looks.

I am!!! I hope you are too!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Yes thanks I’m great, Toby is fine too He has summer haircut.

Sorry to change the subject ladies.

12 Likes

Don’t worry. It happens all the time. That’s a beautiful cat.

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen numerous with too many wrinkles. I will avoid those. They don’t appeal to me, the wrinkles take away from the cuteness for me, when they are so many. The real babies are absolutely beautiful that they are made after but I absolutely agree about those kits.

4 Likes

They are scans. But if you have watched the video of how they are made, you’ll see that there is some artistic liberty that has to happen in order to turn the partial scans into a full kit. I was surprised at how much work it actually takes.
And I do believe that wrinkles are being added. If you look at the pics of the real babies, most of them don’t have so many wrinkles. It’s kinda like that long crease that goes across the upper arm on most of them. But I don’t see that deep line on the real babies’ arms.

6 Likes

He looks regal! :open_mouth::heart:

1 Like

He looks adorable!!! I bet he feels so much better!!! :heart::heart::heart: