THANK YOU so much for sharing your experiences, your talents, your personal stories

Hello Everyone!
My name is Yelena and I would like to introduce myself to this wonderful and supportive community of Reborn Artists.
I was born in Ukraine, so I apologies in advance for how I ‘build’ my sentences in English (and despite of many years of living in Georgia, USA, I still didn’t master appropriate usage of ‘a’ and ‘the’), however I have no fear to communicate in English because I know I always get my points across.

I even don’t remember how exactly I stumble over reborns.com, but I was so fascinated by it that it didn’t take me long to adopt my first baby Lillebror (now Oliver) from @jlesser Jennifer Lesser in Oct, 2018. You probably would not believe that before that time I never heard of reborn dolls. I didn’t know what to expect, just knew that I fell in love with that little face expression… and hoped that it will feel my void to have my grandchildren so far away. So, it was an impulsive decision and I didn’t know what to expect. When Oliver arrived home, Jenni’s artistry in bringing life to him just blew my mind. So, naturally, shortly after that I started to look for a baby-girl. I have two grandsons, and I always wanted to have a granddaughter (there is still a hope there :slight_smile: ). Jenni didn’t have any opened eye girls in the size what I was looking for, so the search on reborns.com began. This is why I feel that I already know many of you and admire your artwork.

I found our baby-girl reborned by @Katinafleming Katina Fleming (Shery who is Olivia now), and while waiting on the magnets to arrive, we developed what I would call a friendship. Katina always included her personal stories in her emails, so shortly I felt that I am talking to a friend. And she is the one who sparked my interest to try myself in reborning (after I email her some paintings that I did several years ago, but was not sure if those skills were enough to reborn babies). I was so grateful for her support and encouragement, that now I am waiting on my first order from BB to arrive!!!

Katina was the one who told me about this forum and I was a ‘silent participator’ for a couple of weeks now. And one of her reply when I told her about the artist of our first baby was “Oh, I know Jenni from one of the doll’s forum. She is so sweet…”. I cannot express enough how much I am amazed by the warm atmosphere, friendship and encouragement of this forum! Which also gave me a strength and reassurance that I would like to be a part of it.

I cannot wait to start!! I am super excited to see how the vinyl will be transformed into a baby. I am also so nervous to ruin a baby. But I am trying to reassure myself that practice makes it perfect, I just need to start. If my babies will bring a smile on my face and maybe a joy to the people who will adopt them, it will make me very happy. And happy people create the Happy World! At this point I watched so many tutorials, read ebooks, learned about veins placement, saved so many your babies into my ‘Favorites’, bombarded sweet Katina with so many questions and discussions… I am ready!

And once again, THANK YOU so much for sharing your experiences, your talents, your personal stories. I’ll be honored to receive your feedback after I start. Ella by Denise Pratt and Logan Asleep will be my two first ones that I am waiting to arrive. And I am afraid that I am becoming a kit addict even before starting to reborn :grin:

30 Likes

Awe! Welcome to the forum and the art of reborning! I can not wait to see your work. :heart: And as always I love getting to see Oliver in your pictures that you share with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also just so you know I think the forum has a new member limit or posts and comments. I think it is 10. After that you will have to wait to respond/post

I can not remember how long that takes…

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jenni! Your encouragement means so much to me! As you can see Oliver has a sister now. Naturally, she is Olivia and I call them ‘My Lil Olives’. He does not have to stay home alone now while we are working :blush:

4 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful art of reborning. Cant wait to see your babies and thanks so much for your story as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You will love it here, so much info and lots of helpful people!
Welcome_To_The_Group-c89c9ffb255c05602761680725a0283e

4 Likes

So very nice to meet you, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experiences that led you to trying your hand at reborning. The ladies here are wonderful, @jlesser creates wonderful babies and @Katinafleming is always a champion in your corner she is such a helpful sweetheart and her babies are beautiful too! Welcome we look forward to seeing you little ones!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum and this very addictive but wonderful hobby. I think you will find that most members, me included, have many, many kits in their stash waiting to be painted but there always seems to be another must have kit coming out to tempt us. Enjoy, have fun and don’t be too hard on yourself.

4 Likes

Welcome! So nice to meet you :slight_smile:
Looks like you have made wonderful friends already!

3 Likes

Congrats on your adoption of two great reborns from two great artists! Thanks for sharing you story and showing your appreciation.:heart:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @YelenaRey glad to have you with us! Your babies are so beautiful! You chose two awesome artist to buy your first babies from. @jlesser and @Katinafleming - pretty babies. I have a lot of kits that I hope to reborn within the next few years, lol. Welcome to the addiction!

6 Likes

Yay! I’m glad you’re finally posting instead of just silently lurking. Lurking is good. But you get so much more from this forum when you actively participate. You are going to love this and you’re going to be a natural when it comes to reborning. :heart:️️

4 Likes

Welcome and thanks for sharing. You will find reborning to be addictive beyond measure, and, the kit collecting is just unavoidable.

3 Likes

Welcome @YelenaRey, you may be new to this but you sure started in the right place. The two artists you bought babies from do beautiful work and are wonderful people. Don’t be afraid to ask questions as you start to paint. There are lots of helpful people on this forum. Also, the little spyglass at the top of the forum will let you search for things people have written in the past on just about anything you could have a question about. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your first babies!

3 Likes

With all that love and excitement you will definitely be a “kit addict” like the rest of us!! :laughing: also you’ll get real familiar with “stripping” that your baby will eventually be the greatest! :grin: welcome to your new reborn family and happy adventure!

2 Likes

Thank you again! Without you I would probably wait till my retirement age and only than try reborning. You speed it up with all you encouragement and helpful information! And all warm welcome reception here is so overwhelming and touching to my heart! I know I have a lot to learn and this is why I am here!

3 Likes

You are a beautiful lady, and seem beautiful inside as well! Will be so good to see your work. I can see you really love your two “babies”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the name “My Lil Olives”!

1 Like

Will you be using Genesis or air dry paints?

Welcome! You’re among a wonderful group of people and friends.

1 Like