Swaps and Challenges

I would love to help you host if you are interested! I love the idea of doing a certain kit or category :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Yes! And I love the logo idea! :smile:

1 Like

@anon77773884 glad you found someone to Swap with! :smile:

@Babies I’m in for a Challenge and would gladly donate something for the winner. I think you have enough people that you can start a thread posting basic information and deciding on a theme, kit or time frame.

2 Likes

The kit part might be hard being that B.B. is about sold out of a lot of kits. I’m in though.

2 Likes

Maybe it could be a theme rather than a specific kit? I know in the past they’ve done character challenges, alternative challenges, and make me pretty challenges (that one used a specific, more “homely” kit lol). Maybe something like famous people as babies, or “summer fun” that would be open to interpretation? That way it wouldn’t matter what kit, and people could even use kits from their stash. I’m just thinking out loud here! Whatever the challenge is, I’m in!

3 Likes

I like those ideas! I was thinking a portrait baby challenge would be cool too. It could be a famous person or character, or a friend or family member. Lots of kits remind me of someone, and that would be another way to use what we have rather than going on another shopping spree… as fun as those are…:joy:

3 Likes

Thanks Rebecca, I’ll send you a PM:)

You’re work is awesome and I’m so glad you’ll be doing the challenge!

1 Like

Awesome! I’m so glad you’ll be joining in, and that would be awesome if you could donate something for the winner! Do you want to send me a PM and let me know what you want to donate? Thanks!!

1 Like

Sending a PM and can’t wait to see what you and @RebeccaKatie decide!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I agree with you and @Bec1273, a theme would be better than a specific kit. I love the portrait baby idea!!

2 Likes

I’ll post all the details in a separate thread tomorrow:) We are going to do a portrait baby contest!

7 Likes

Yes!!! I was hoping you would decide on portrait baby. Fun fun fun!!!

1 Like

Fun!
I won’t win as I’m not nearly as good as everyone else on here, but I’d love to participate, just for the fun of it. :smiley:

Will it be done by skill level, or everyone combined? I’ve only done 3 kits now so I know I can’t even come close to some of the artists on here.

It’s not a swap, you’ll just be sending in pictures to be voted on. I’m going to do it everyone combined, not by skill level, but there will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Everyone should join in no matter their skin level, it will be fun!

2 Likes

Question, though, does it have to be someone we ‘know’ or can we use stock photos for example? Cause I don’t know a lot of babies, but I do see some very cute ones online that would be a lot of fun to recreate.

1 Like

I’m going to make a post with all of the guidelines tomorrow after I talk to @RebeccaKatie. But to answer your question, no, it does not need to be someone you know. We just need a photo of the baby you modeled it after in addition to a photo of the baby you painted. It can even be a character baby if you’d like:)

3 Likes

I just made a post about the contest! I will not be submitting an entry since I am running it.
@RebeccaKatie was super gracious in offering her help, but since there isn’t too much work involved for me she is going to enter the contest instead if helping to host it:slightly_smiling_face:. I hope you all enter too!

2 Likes

I am entering the Contest too but if I win :wink:, lol, I will send the blanket to the next in line.

Here is the Announcement!

2 Likes