Stole my artwork

On eBay, they stole all of my photos and even stole my entire description even where I mention that the size resembles my daughter head.
Only erased my name and Nursery name.
Please report them :frowning:

10 Likes

Are you serious! The gall of some people! You have every right to be upset!

3 Likes

That’s awful!
I don’t think I have an ebay account. Can I report without one?

1 Like

You should be able to report them to eBay and have it taken off.

3 Likes

Ebay allows to use any post as a copy. Someone stole my Tinky post with all my russian grammar mishaps, word per word, but at least they use their own pictures.

See the field “Sell one like this?” This is how anyone can get it.

2 Likes

I have a though: was she a buyer and now re-selling it?

I think that the seller stole the photos and does not have the doll in their possession from what I can gather. I may have misunderstood though.

2 Likes

I searched “eBay torig_71” and this also came up on pic click and listed the location as Knoxville TN. Which is about an hour from me. I’m gonna message to see if they’ll let me come see the doll in person and get the excuses…then call them out!

8 Likes

I also reported the ad, but in addition, I sent a message stating
" Hello I am very interested in your 3 month Joseph, it shows your located in Knoxville which is about an hour from me, would it be possible to pick up in person? Are you her artist and do you have any more for sell? Can you please send some close up photos of nails,bottoms of feet, crown of rooting and creases. Thank you for your time, I am very interested!

Let’s see what she comes up with. Her feedback is 0

10 Likes

Good detective work! You should also ask for the safety picture

2 Likes

I sent a second message asking for a safety pic! I’m new to eBay so idk where to find if I get a reply back lol

3 Likes

Someone used my photos while selling a while back. One quick call to eBay later and their listing was taken down. It’s worth a shot!

3 Likes

Yes!!! Awesome!!! And I sold this doll to someone overseas last year so I know it’s not a resaleSo it’s just a stolen copy and paste and saved all of my images. What a rat!!! Can’t wait to see!! Yes please ask for a safety pic!

5 Likes

I hate this! I will go over and do it if the listing is still up. )% positive feedback, hmmm no kidding.

3 Likes

Does anyone buy expensive items from sellers that are a “0” ??? I hope not!
I hope you reported it @katieperry :heart:

7 Likes

No reply as of yet but I’ll Screen shot any reply!

3 Likes

Thank you!
And yes Nikki I reported it, I hope they take it down. So rude. I know this has happened to a lot of other artists too. How do some people sleep at night

2 Likes

People are something else, SMH. This is ridiculous

1 Like

That’s an absolute shame that it’s that easy for someone as low as them to be able to do this!! Doesn’t eBay protect the seller from this?

1 Like

I reported an issue with the listing and that I believed it to be a fraudulent listing. I hope that it is taken down soon. The listing is also up on a site called picclick which I have never even heard of but may be worth checking for additional photos stolen from artists since there were MANY dolls on the site.

I did some quick google searching and that particular and rather unique username came up at several email domains. If the seller hasn’t completely stolen somebody elses identity as well as your photos and listing then they are in south western Florida, not Tennessee as claimed. Of course, the fact that a scammer may also be lying about other things is not in the least bit surprising.

2 Likes