Some feedback please?

Thank you, I will have a look on this forum for the bubbles but I don’t think I’m experienced enough for anything too technical :joy:

Do you think I could obscure her whole face in photos? Haha

3 Likes

Oh maybe with a mask!!! no one would notice because of the pandemic :joy:

3 Likes

I can say from experience that it’s a PITA to put eyes in a doll with no eye sockets. I used hollow half round eyes. After spending several days trying to get them to stay in place, holding them with my finger until the glue dried only to have them fall off when I let go. My son suggested using magnets to hold them until the glue dried. It worked, God bless him. I put glue around the opening. Then I put 1 magnet in the eye, put my fingertip in the eyeball and set it over the eye opening. Then I put another magnet over the eye on the outside. When the glue dried, I put crossed strips (+) of moleskin over them to hold them in place so I could weight the head.
I did spit bubbles with bubble solution and an insulin syringe that a friend gave me. There’s a tool you can buy for them also. You put the solution where you want it and then blow bubbles in it. They looked very real but they deflated after a while and then they just looked stupid. I’ve also tried them with some glass beads that I bought a long time ago but it was hard to pick out ones that were small enough. I just don’t do spit bubbles anymore. I have the glass beads I used if anyone wants to try them. Just let me know.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I think you can think a kit is cute and not like something about it and still not think the entire thing is ugly.

2 Likes

Just give her a paci :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I, personally, wouldn’t put spit bubbles on Celeste. I already think she looks like she’s going to puke. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I’m not sure they make a paci big enough to cover those lips :joy:

3 Likes

Haha she does … Maybe that’s the answer, a load of puke dribbling down her chin :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Lol, this is really going downhill :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl: poor Celeste

3 Likes

Haha, she does have pretty feet so it’s not all bad!

3 Likes

I was hoping you’d be able to come in and give us the details! :clap::two_hearts:

1 Like

Good job! @Jaclyn1
For everyone who wants a quick link to the Celeste Challenge - like me. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I did see that! It was interesting. :joy:

1 Like

The paci helps :joy: although it doesn’t sit in her mouth well

5 Likes

Now THERE’s a solution!:mask:

2 Likes

If you move the magnet on the pacifier to just below (touching) the edge of where the nipple was, and reposition the one inside her head to align with that one, it will sit straight and cover her top lip.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting it! Majority of the people I even don’t know :wink:
That was fun community project :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I agree, so interesting, and to open her eyes too. They all did so good.

3 Likes

Put saran wrap on her face and then put the magnet on it and put a blob of glue and then put the paci so the magnet glued on at a bit of an angle and fit perfectly to her face.

2 Likes