Some feedback please?

Struggling with this one, I’m just not sure I like her and nothing has turned out the way I wanted it to, I’m in two minds of I should strip her and start again, so honest thoughts please?

14 Likes

I’m not a fan of this sculpt, but she looks great! Maybe make the lips and tongue slightly different colors of each other? Her hair looks awesome!

8 Likes

You did a beautiful job on her! Since her lips are a fairly deep shade, try blushing her a little darker and deepening the lowest edge of the upper eye crease. I always feel like there has to be a good balance of color between those three areas or one of them gets lost. Of course, that’s just how I paint.

5 Likes

Celeste is a tough one. I think what you’ve got looks good. I like her skin tone a lot. Adding some blue shading around the inner corners of her eyes, nose and mouth should give her more dimension. Will you be rooting eyelashes?

6 Likes

May I ask why you chose this sculpt? ( not being rude, I just really want to know)
I would not strip… as far as this sculpt goes, it looks great. If you are planning to sell… it doesn’t matter how you paint this one because it’s a tough sale, any which way. I say finish it up and list her and move on to someone less challenging!

7 Likes

I wanted to do an open mouth sculpt to challenge myself because so far all the kits I have done have been closed with barely any lips but I was limited for choice because so many are out of stock here in UK, I knew it wouldn’t be easy and regretting it now :joy:

8 Likes

Will try adding some blue, yes she will have rooted lashes

3 Likes

She’s not the cutest sculpt but I think your painting looks great!

5 Likes

You really did great!!!

3 Likes

Your painting looks great. But that’s just an ugly baby no matter what. You did great with what you had to work with. Sell her and move on to a cute sculpt. :wink:

10 Likes

She definitely has been hit with the ugly stick :joy:

9 Likes

The ugliest stick. :joy:

6 Likes

She’s always reminded me of that Chinese Crested dog that was winning ugliest competitions online a few years ago.
I think making a few defining colors/shades in the mouth area could help alot, so it’s less monotone.
Kudos for being up for a challenge!
You should be so proud of how your babies have turned out, I think you’re a natural at this. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

She reminds me of the movie Alien.

3 Likes

I think she looks great! Don’t strip! She’s not a very “cutsie” kit so you might be struggling with that. But your painting is spot on! I agree with adding some subtle blues. You could also lighten her tongue a little, I’ve noticed babies tongues are actually lighter than their lips. This is not always the case…It might be because of their milk drinking habits :smile: That might bring a pop of realism. But all in all… you took an oogly kit and made her cute!! Good job!!

5 Likes

I think your painting is great. The sculpt is a hard one.

4 Likes

You are doing great. That sculpt is one of the hardest to make pretty,just because it’s not.

6 Likes

You made her look pretty good, as far as coloring and technique, but this kit, in my opinion, is just an awful kit and not very inspiring. I have never done it because I just can’t get into it. That mouth… Nope. Never seen a baby with a lower lip shaped like that.

5 Likes

It’s not totally hopeless. 13 Celestes have sold on reborns.com

6 Likes

You doing a Great job on her and I bet she’s going to sell fast!! Don’t strip her.

4 Likes