So good!

It’s so good to be back on the forum that I started this topic just because I could!!! I can’t believe how excited I am that the forum is back up. I missed it so much. THANK YOU BB!

30 Likes

Me, too. I wonder what the problem was.

3 Likes

It was the great drama purge of 2016!

16 Likes

i am glad it is back up also

I suspect we won’t get another chance, so let’s not blow this one!

7 Likes

I hope it stays nice and peaceful.

7 Likes

I’m just happy that you are all back! I didn’t realize how nice it was to be able to ask questions until I couldn’t ! But THANK YOU so much to the ones that helped in pm and email while this was down. I started trying out air dry paints right before the forum went down and had a HECK of a time!

5 Likes

I am sooooo glad we are all back here chatting as if nothing ever happened. Thank You BB for tolerating us. I will say we are all different though with different thoughts and ideas and I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have a disagreement with others after all that’s what makes the world go round. We just must remember to be respectful of how we speak when giving out our opinions. Like BB said, NO ATTACKING!!! Love that we are all together again!!!

8 Likes

I am also glad we are back.
I didn’t realize how much I am on here, usually reading everyone posts. I am glad the time out is over.

4 Likes

Glad to be back, I had so many question but just worked through it. Don’t laugh, I thought I had human hair and was rooting and the hair was slippery, I thought it was just me as I am new, then I looked closer at the package as I was finishing up and in small print it said it was a blend, SMH. Oh well I learned how to root with synthetic hair with a 42g forked needle. It is a keeper baby, duh! Anyway, I am gluing the hair and magnets tomorrow and will post a pic in a few days to introduce my 3rd baby. Just rambling cause I am glad we are back!

5 Likes

Are things going better with your paints now?

Thanks to you - YES! I still haven’t mastered them and she isn’t done yet but it’s getting better for sure. MUCH easier with your paint consistency.

2 Likes

If the recent down time was the result of forum drama, I think they should tell us that. I’m not sure it was.

1 Like

Oh! Where is this eyebrow thread??? I need to improve sooo much! lol

1 Like

I will never praise someone’s work if I do not mean it. Usually I just say nothing, except when I can see they are heading for problems.
But I will confront people who promote a product I am concerned may not work the way they claim. When I first started reborning I searched internet for hints and I ended up buying all those “must have” gadgets, before I knew I spend close to $4000 (that included number of kits) and found out that 95% of the “must haves” were actually not particularly useful or totally useless for reborning. It makes me sad that some people make all sorts of claims and newbies, who do not have much money, feel that to make a nice reborn baby they have to buy these products.

Lately we had the “Coastal Scents” powders, which have in them all sorts of stuff that I would be reluctant putting on vinyl, now we have the PanPastels. I bought the magenta shade, which in the box looks lovely shade for creases but is difficult to blend, and has this bright pink/purple luminosity to it. I only managed to make it quite acceptable colour when I went over it with some blue, and it is staying on with flesh wash over it and one bake. BUT, the leg took me about 3/4hour to achieve something I normally do in matter of seconds, applying genesis paint with brush. And with Genesis I have a total control over the exact shade I want my creases to be; I can add smidgen of red or blue to adjust within couple of seconds. Then I bought 2 of the light pink ones, which looked like they will be perfect to make pink fingers and toes, but they both look almost white when brushed on the vinyl. So, that was 1/2 a day wasted driving miles to a store that sold them, and $50 worth pastels, which I could really do without :frowning:
I will try again, on one of the really white kits, but doubt I will find these PanPastels have any advantage over just Genesis.

6 Likes

I totally agree, Sonja! Very well said!!

@jlesser Jenni, here’s the eyebrow thread:

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/aubrey-update-how-are-her-brows/23976

2 Likes

My conclusions on the Pan Pastels are the same as yours. I find them too strong, the colors too “bright” and difficult to control. I intend to use mine for other purposes, not my dolls. Although I might try one more time, I have pretty much thrown in the towel on them. I did lose some money on them, but if I can put them to some other purpose it will be okay. I knew I was testing them when I bought them so it was always a possibility that they wouldn’t work out.

5 Likes

Yes I kept on checking to see when the forum was reopened!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Helen, on Facebook are you friends with Sue Ellen? There has been a lot of talk about the pan pastels. From what I understand is, the info we had wasn’t exactly correct. The cs powders are fine to use. Although Sue Ellen is in the process of devolping her own line that will be made to be exactly what will work best with vinyl.

5 Likes