SO about these cuddle bodies UPDATED

I am not overally fond of the one I used on Scout. The bigger size was too big and the smaller size to me could stand to be a bit longer. I have 3 more of these exact same bodies and I am putting them up for sale. I have seen the Reggie bodies and like the looks of those but they are darn expensive. Does anyone have an opinion on the one from MacPhersons? I have another cuddle head to reborn and it is definitely going to need a bigger body than this one but the bigger one BB sells is too fat. I sold that body now too.

1 Like

@Leabelle makes my favorite cuddle bodies. :purple_heart:

Reggie’s are popular but not to be crass but I can’t stand them. They feel like a dead baby. Not for me.

4 Likes

OH I did not know @Leabelle makes them! Okay girl I am on it! Can I see a picture?

Edited to add I found her on Etsy.

2 Likes

I feel so stupid! I just went back and looked at my invoice to see what I paid for these bodies and turns out I got the 16-18" ones instead of the 18-20" ones! No wonder he looks too short to me. I am gonna have to replace his body as well. Dang!!!

3 Likes

Yup glad you said it :joy: I don’t see the attraction

2 Likes

The first time I held one I had a truly visceral reaction. Idk if it’s something everyone will notice or just those of us who have had the privilege of holding a baby who has passed. I literally almost vomited the first time I held a Reggie body. Seems dramatic but I can see it being super triggering. I know they pose nicely but they feel so wrong to me.

Now, Leabelle’s curl up sweetly in your arms. I use her cuddle babies on all my keeper cuddles.

I like the Mac’s and BB ones but modify them my taking in the upper arms of the BB ones.

2 Likes

Oh honey I’m so sorry!! That’s definitely a trigger I wouldn’t want. When I held one it just seemed to fall everywhere so I think I can grasp what you’re saying. :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

I am so sorry you have ever had that experience, on both ends!
I thank you so much for letting me know Leabelle makes the bodies. I got in touch with her last night and ordered 2. I think the BB would have been okish the way I added the extra stitches and such but it was not the right size and they were out of the next size up. I am excited to try Leabelle’s bodies because I do think the BB ones have too fat of limbs and hers are more slender.

1 Like

Well wonders never cease! I listed Scout with a disclaimer that I would be changing his body. A lady contacted me and said she was going to buy him anyways as is because she prefers Reggies bodies and would be changing it herself.

5 Likes

That is the BEST outcome…

2 Likes

I agree!

Well this one has not ended well. Customer is complaining that he has a “textured feel” to him and she sees dimples in his head. After much discussions back and forth and me even getting original photos of his boo boo head from Jennifer it seems that what I call dimples in the pour of the silicone is what she is calling holes. I honestly never noticed them as I am just used to silicone having irregularities. You can see them when you enlarge the photos. I did find this pour not to be as smooth as others I have had but assumed that was just the way it was. As far as texture, apparantly because I do my matting which full strength (unthinned) Psycho Paint A&B and pounce it out then matte it leaves more of a textured feel that can be noticed? I am just bummed with the whole thing. I told her she can either accept a $50 discount and keep him or return him for a refund minus shipping. Will see how this goes. Not my best day.

6 Likes

Her sculpts are typically bumpier and not as smooth as others… I wouldn’t even say it’s a boo-boo. And textured???

1 Like

This whole day has been a long ordeal back and forth with her. She insists it has a texture that is not smooth like she is used to. I made the same comment to her about Jennifer’s sculpts and told her though this was my first one I was told by others hers are not always as smooth. This was a boo boo sculpt but I had painted over the patches on his head and nothing looks mismatched in coloring now so I said I did not consider him a boo boo baby. Big mistake on my part because she feels that any imperfections she has found has made him still to be a boo boo baby. After talking back and forth and even talking to Jennifer myself we all figured out that the “texture” she is referring to is that my babies are matte sealed with unthinned Psycho paints pounced out and that can make the baby have a bit more texture feel than those that are very thinned out paints. I also do not thin my paint super thin as some do because I have found it can backfire at times especially on the softer sculpts. So what she is calling texture is that she can feel some of the paint I guess because mottling is done with Equest sponges and such. I tried offering her a $50 dollar discount if she wanted to keep him. Told her if she wanted to return him once I received him in good condition that I would refund purchase price but not shipping. Each time she comes back with more verbage about how I should have worded the listing differently and then says she has washed his head to see if anything came off because she is worried he will peel and that she must admit his matting stayed put. So I have images in my mind of her scrubbing him now and I kinda went defensive I guess and told her it was obvious she was not going to be happy so to just put him in the box and send him back and I would refund the shipping to her (but not back to me) as well and just take a loss as I did not want to be accused of anything untowards. Well at that point she went off on me saying that this could have all ended differently but now she is going to file a PP dispute and thus she has.
I feel like I have been through an emotional ringer today!

3 Likes

Good grief… what can she possibly get through PayPal that you haven’t offered?

3 Likes

Reimbursement for her shipping it back to me according to her.
Jennifer sent her the photos of the baby’s head she sold me and she resent them to me. On the photos, the baby does have little spots like popped bubbles on the areas of repair. Jennifer explained that to me as being something that happens with the saran wrap she puts over it when she repairs them. I told her I did not even notice them in person (things look magified in photos) but that I felt sure they were filled over with the painting and matting. Jennifer’s reply was “honestly… those tiny pin point holes on the casting…from under the Saran Wrap fix…would all fill in with painting.” I know I certainly would not send out a baby with a head full of holes. But anyways now that the customer has gotten her hands on the photos from Jennifer of the head before painting she is convinced that those holes are all still there and she is seeing them. So her big rant on that was that I should not have stated that the boo boos were not visible.
While I do not feel the baby left here in any boo boo condition, I have learned a painful lesson here that if you buy a boo boo kit and fix it that it is still better to ere on the side of describing it as a boo boo I guess.
Here are the photos she has from Jennifer of the head before it was painted.

I did not take photos of the top of his head when I listed him because I did not see anything of notice to do so but here are the ones I have that I did use.

4 Likes

You are not the first person to tell me that.

3 Likes

This lady is bonkers. I matted both Kit and Felicity how you told me to. They are smooth and feel nicer than my other silicone babies!!! Not textured at all. And Kit is a Silicone Studio sculpt too!

Definitely talk to PayPal over the phone. There’s no reason she should win this.

4 Likes

This lady sounds completely unreasonable. Sorry that you are having to deal with her.

1 Like

I did call Paypal and he just basically listened and told me the drill about how they are just holding my money for now and how the process will go. Said that if she does win the case and does not send the doll back or sends it back damaged that there is a process I can go through with them for that. I don’t know that I really disputed it so much as I just sent PP screen shots of my entire conversation with her and told them she was just not going to be satisfied with the doll and would not accept any workable solutions that I offered her. I am praying someone reads through all that and has some mercy on me but who knows? I just want this to end so I can move past it. It is bad enough I will be out the PP fees and the shipping I spent sending it to her if they refund her but then I have the worry of getting him back. Then I also wonder about her leaving negative feedback on reborns…

2 Likes