Silicone Realborn!

I haven’t talked to her personally, but I own one of her beautiful special edition bassinet bags. I think her think her work is amazing. Her tongues especially captivate me. I was more concerned that it wasn’t the real Susan

She is!

2 Likes

You didnt read all the comments did you? :wink: :kissing_heart:

I am excited to see Melanie’s silicone Sage

2 Likes

Thank you @Gabriell i am actually doing the Sage prototype!! I’m so excited. Thank you for thinking of me. See my post above please. :heart:

1 Like

Woot, woot!

I didn’t read all the replies, just got excited.

Congrats, can’t wait to see her!!!

I gotta find out where I put my class notes, I have a couple practice silicones to paint that I bought a while back. I had good intentions but it’s a very different learning curve. You got the magic.

3 Likes

Knock on wood, I have never had a vinyl issue with BB, and I have painted a lot of babies, new and old sculpts. What am I missing?

2 Likes

I’m with you Gabriel. What vinyl problem? Granted I’m just starting to paint again but I haven’t noticed any problems. I just figured some kits weren’t available because of Covid manufacturing issues. Sort of like all the Ritz crackers in our area seemed to be unavailable this week. 95% of the kits I’ve purchased have been from BB…they can’t go out of business!

1 Like

That would be cool, wouldn’t it? :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Since covid started, we were buying bb kits that had some prepainted parts that the factory was covering up mistakes they made. Some were finding black dots and if you are able to remove it. The vinyl would turn yellow. The flanges arent the size they should be to hold the cloth body, so now you have to worry if the parts would come off. Some after completely painting would see the mistakes the factory made would appear here and there. So to me, buying bb kits that can cause problems especially if the show up after you sell is a waist of my time and money no matter how low they price them. Now i gotta deal with angry customers that want there money back, because dolls head and limbs are falling off or paint is changing colors. Its just not worth it to me, id rather buy a $100.00 kit.

5 Likes

@Gabriell you can do it!! We should FaceTime and I’ll walk you back through it.
This kit is amazing. The color is pinkish so less blushing. It’s very smooth.
I’ve also bought several vinyl kits but haven’t had any problems with them. I think most of the issues have been worked out.

I started Sage today. Here’s a couple of pictures.

10 Likes

Sage actually looks so much better in silicone! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

She’s starting out great Mel, can’t wait to see her all done! Is she “squishy” or a bit firmer?

3 Likes

It would be cool if they could use the silicone to create a mould to make vinyl kits of Sage with those details. Wonder if the details would be clearer that way than with the regular way the Realborns are made.

1 Like

The silicone and Vinyl molding process are different. Molds are not interchangeable when it comes to what material you can put in the mold. As for the detail on sage both the silicone and vinyl molds are created from the same original scans, the fact that it looks more lively in silicone is just another plus to having both a silicone and a vinyl option for artists to paint:)

3 Likes

@BBMelinda as I’m painting Sage I honestly see a much higher level of realism especially the hands.

9 Likes

She looks good. I can’t wait to see her finished. So exciting for BB to have silicone babies.

4 Likes

All i ask is that rhe silicones be a reasonable price without being so low it devalues silicones as a whole. If that makes sense.

2 Likes

It does make sense. I’m certain they’ll be reasonable.

2 Likes

Oooh! Cuddle silicones!!! I’m particularly partial to Lavender asleep. Such a cute little face!

1 Like

I think you just have a special talent for it honestly. I have watched your silicone progress. That is a very beautiful sculpt.

I started sculpting objects this week and I poured the silicone I have for fun. I trashed the old mermaids… I save one for you, I need to ship it out, but the quality is awful. I have learned a few tricks and skills since then

I can’t wait to see her done, how much fun is this?

You go mama!

2 Likes