Silicone Realborn!

This is so cool! This is a very reputable artist so I doubt it’s a scam. This is a whole new world of possibility. Let’s pray the quality is good!

16 Likes

Oh how exciting!! :heart: Im hoping they will be producing Steven in silicone… Will be able to pose his arms so much more realistically lol

4 Likes

I wonder how they decide who to put in silicone! So many gorgeous babies it would be so hard

1 Like

Omgoooooodness! I wonder how much they’ll be…!?

1 Like

I saw a silicone Steven the other day, I had assumed it was a scam thing, just because BB is having financial issues, I didn’t think they would be producing silicone kits right now. But maybe they are, that would be really awesome.

3 Likes

I’d imagine in the $500-600 range for partials if they’re going for affordability. The cheapest full body ones I’ve seen are from Baltic baby and are around $1000. But since bountiful has increased the prices to near what sculpted kits are, i imagine the silicone may also be more expensive

3 Likes

8 Likes

It is not a scam. The artists have been working on them for a while now and just now able to share. @bbsupport should be announcing it soon.

7 Likes

That’s awesome then! China is selling their realborns in silicone, so BB should be as well!

2 Likes

I’m concerned that silicones will take over the reborn world, replacing vinyl kits, and only be available to elite artists and collectors.

9 Likes

I don’t think so. Many people don’t like the fragility of silicone. I also think there will continue to be a market for vinyl because of the affordability

10 Likes

I think some of the realborns with the weird faces/mouths or crappy flanges will be so much better in silicone.

8 Likes

I’m surprised at the choices of Steven and Felicity. Not very popular kits.

10 Likes

I was thinking the same exact thing. Although I was wondering if they are going to have a lot more and those were the only ones shared so far. I must say Felicity may be a lot cuter in silicone. And @jlesser your are 100% right, I think the silicone will correct a lot of the issues. I hope they do a silicone Ruby.

4 Likes

Very exciting! if they are going to start offering silicone, I wonder a few things:
1.) Will Bountiful Baby offer the silicone paints (I think they are air dry? I don’t think you can bake silicone.)

2.) Will they discontinue the vinyl versions of the sculpts they choose to pour into silicone?

3.) will putting them into silicone help with the counterfeiting issue?

5 Likes
  1. Silicone has to be painted with silicone paints. They are actual tinted silicone that binds with the surface of the item.
  2. Who knows? My guess is that probably hasn’t been decided yet.
  3. Not really. There are already counterfeit silicone dolls.
3 Likes

It would be nice if BB would fix the vinyl issue first, before bringing something new in. Yes they have great sales, but you dont know what your getting. Not worth it to me, cant sell a doll with vinyl issue’s.

4 Likes

Maybe that is why they are having to raise more funds :wink:

I wonder if it will be pour to order and all realborns will be available :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@Blissfulbabies - Melanie Math will be reborning a silicone Sage so it appears the kits will be “endless”…

2 Likes