Silicone Realborn!

I wonder if they will get so caught up in the “silicone” world they will forget about the vinyls and the customers who helped create their success. I sure hope not. They may be thinking that silicone will bring in a lot more money. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I hope they won’t forget about vinyl…it’s reminding me of how the Realborns are being produced way more than the sculpted kits :heart: Also, I wish they would use different sculptors for the kits and use full limbs as opposed to the 3/4 limbs or limbs from older kits paired with a new head :heart:

4 Likes

I’m very excited for the opportunity to paint a silicone produced by Bountiful Baby. Yes there’s lots of questions and concerns. BB has been working on this for years. Like any good business they’re doing what they feel will not only serve their customers best, they’re looking to widen their product base and bring in more customers. I doubt seriously they will single handedly saturate the entire market. BB has always been about offering affordable doll making products at a high level of quality.
MacPhersons is doing the same with their silicone products. Personally I’m happy they’ve worked so hard to bring Silicone Realborns to us. Artist have been asking them to do so every since they started producing Realborns.

10 Likes

@lynn they won’t forget and ditch the vinyls. It’s all about supply and demand. As long as they have a customer base they will offer it. :heart:

4 Likes

Sage has so much detail in her hands, can’t wait to see your silicone version of her! So proud of you! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see your version :heart: Do you know if they will produce full body silicones as well? :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you…I do not know at this time if they have any plans of producing full body silicones. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you @kareninflorida I’m really excited :heart::baby:t2:
Her hands and feet have that newborn crinkled wrinkled fresh out of water look. It’s amazing.

5 Likes

Yesssss! Those hands are what I loved so much about the vinyl kit! :two_hearts: Unfortunately, I had to make a cuddle baby because the flanges were too small.

All those itty bitty details that drove us all nuts were probably meant for silicone. I’m sure they transfer a little differently! This exciting and I wonder if they will be more affordable for those who want to learn :thinking: as much as I want to I’d need to get rid of the pets or I’d have some furry messy babies :rofl::rofl::rofl:. The upkeep on these guys terrifies me

4 Likes

I’m excited to see the silicone versions of realborns, but I doubt I’ll be trying silicone painting anytime soon.

1 Like

I agree about the 3/4 limbs. They never seen to sell well, and I can’t stand the puffy shoulders or legs on them! Makes it almost impossible to pose naturally. Also there are so many of their realborns (and some of their sculpted) that I really love the face, but the limbs ruin it for me :pensive:

3 Likes

I don’t mind 3/4 limbs if they’re correctly proportioned. When they fit right, they’re not hard to pose. The recommended BB bodies (excluding Realborn bodies) are recommended for multiple sizes and don’t fit well. The neck openings are huge and bunch up around the neck. The bodies themselves are too fat and barrel chested. The limb caps are too big, making bulging biceps and they’re set too far back. All of these things combined make the babies look like linebackers doing bust exercises. When the opening of the limb caps is just a tiny bit bigger than the top of the limbs, they look very natural. The correct body makes all the difference. I’ve had no problem selling 3/4 limb babies.

3 Likes

Hello! How exciting to finally see our silicones coming to life!!

1. I believe that is the plan, why not have a one stop online store where you can get all your supplies?
  2. No and not necessarily. Vinyl and silicone kits are different. It makes sense to give options to customers, and the road to creating silicone realborns has been about 5 years in the making. Also, not all the vinyl silicones will have the same limbs as there vinyl realborns. as of the ones mentioned in this thread I believe they are, but there are different limb versions of others that are sure to pop up soon:)
  3. That would be awesome, I think having our own legit trademarked silicone realborn will have an impact on counterfeits.
4 Likes

Similar to how not every real baby translates into a vinyl kit, Not every realborn will translate to silicone. Personally, I think Steven is much better in silicone, same with felicity. There’s just something about the silicone color and texture bringing those realborns more to life… you know? for starting the silicones, it made sense to start with kits that were easy to mold in vinyl, as the silicone molding process is different and trickier to do. moving forward I think there will be realborns that are both vinyl and silicone, some will stay only vinyl and some will only become silicone. It is very nice knowing that nothing is 100%, so realborns that are all time favorites, would be amazing in silicone, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good, that makes me happy!! If it is ever within my budget I would love to have a silicone from BB. Do you know what kind of silicone they will have? I would LOVE to have an artist sculpted silicone (like izzy’s) but they are so far out of my realm of reality. What are my chances of winning the lottery???

3 Likes

IDK, but unless I win the lottery, or someone gives me one, my chances of ever being able to afford a full body silicone (Izzy’s, Romie Strydom’s or BB) are pretty much nil.

2 Likes

Does BB plan on offering full body silicones? And simply silicone heads for cuddle babies? :heart: I’m excited :heart:

2 Likes

Susan is a genius, her dolls are beautiful, not a scam, not even a little. She also happens to be a super sweet and hardworking person. She and her wife are beautiful, funny and kind. She has earned her reputation. :heart:

1 Like

Holy, BB is doing silicones? They should have @Blissfulbabies do a prototype.

2 Likes