Share your biggest reborn oops moments

My biggest happened today. I don’t know what I was thinking tbh. I mixed flesh 08 in my decoart matte varnish with some cornstarch. It was a whim. I put it on my favorite kit :crazy_face:and pounced away. Now I have this mess I’ve been trying to fix.

What’s been your worst face palm moment?

2 Likes

I didn’t have one (yet), but I had to say that I am so impressed with your community organizing skills, my Queen of Posts. I cannot keep up with new posts from you popping-up like mushrooms after a rain :joy:. Don’t take me wrong. I love all of them!

3 Likes

Malfunctioned oven… that was an arm and leg… lol

5 Likes

Looks like bacon!

6 Likes

Oooooooh I think you got me beat! There’s no fixing that one. :weary:. What happened??? I would have lost it for sure :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Just trying to keep everyone entertained :heart_eyes: and myself too :wink:

2 Likes

No clue. I bought a new oven… lol

1 Like

@PhotographyForLife This was my biggest incident too but it involved parts from two different kits. Totally the ovens fault- but still a huge setback!

2 Likes

And you didn’t switch to air dry? I’m remembering this I think… was a $40ish oven off of amazon… Remington? Something like that. I think I would have to if switch if that ever happened to me :tired_face:

1 Like

Mine was also a malfunctioning oven. It was intermittently on the fritz and kept over heating. Warped a few parts and then melted a completed baby on one of the varnish bakes. It wasn’t quite as barbecued as @jlesser but ruined beyond saving. Got myself a Nuwave after that. @jlesser was that an AA baby or did it turn that dark from being too hot?

2 Likes

Darker vinyl and AA

1 Like

You guys are so brave to continue using them! Were these off brands or Nu waves?

1 Like

Off brand, and never again.

3 Likes

Now I’m getting worried. Mine is a sharper image. It’s gotten hotter than it should before and I’ve had some bubbles and cave ins but I watch it closlely :unamused:. I’ve been in the look out for a nuwave and even saw one at a yard sale for $25 brand new with extender but hubs and I didn’t have cash with us. I shoulda flew to the Atm

1 Like

Oh yes you should have, that was a deal! After getting my nuwave I wondered why I even used that other oven for as long as I did. I always had to sit and stare at the thermometer everytime a baby was baking. With my nuwave I can put my baby in to bake and walk away and never look at it again and know that the temperature will be perfect every single time. LOVE IT!

3 Likes

No fun!!

2 Likes

Rosewill. I trust my Nuwave but still watch it like a hawk. It’s very obvious my parts were baking too hot in the other. They aren’t nearly as flimsy when i take them out of my nuwave. To buy a nuwave was cheaper than to buy all new mediums :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good point! Hadn’t thought about that!
Much cheaper :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@PhotographyForLife Cool snake skin!

4 Likes

Very dry skin

2 Likes