Securing your nursery name

I"m hoping someone can give me some guidance. When I picked my nursery name, I did an extensive google search, along with searching here, reborns.com, and dozens of other top reborn buy/sell sites. The name I chose never came up anywhere. Today, on my nursery page, I had a random stranger message me that I had stolen their nursery name. I explained that I had done a ton of research first and never came up with any other nursery with that name…she replied that I had gotten to it first. smh…The reason for this post? How do you secure your name so it can’t be used by anyone else?

2 Likes

I would guess a trademark, but that doesn’t guarantee people won’t still use it because it costs money to go after someone.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter, because even if you use a name that is unique now, anyone can use that name or branch off of it in the future. I recommend using something with your name in it for this reason. :slightly_smiling_face: I am a little sore on the subject because it happened to me :wink:

7 Likes

Aly, I recall not long after you chose your nursery name, I saw someone with one very similar to it show up. Is that what you are referring to? I wish people wouldn’t do stuff like that.

4 Likes

Right? That poses dolls the same, does the same “style” well tries :wink: , etc

5 Likes

Get a business license?

3 Likes

I don’t think that makes a difference you still need to search all the info yourself… business license is per state so doesn’t help with internet etc.

Whether or not they thought of it first it depends on if she is actually using it that matters

2 Likes

No she’s not using it, nor has she or anyone else used it previously. I was actually really concerned initially until she replied back saying that I beat her to it.:flushed:

3 Likes

That really stinks :disappointed:

2 Likes

Yes, they changed the Meadow of wildmeadowbaby to Bloom, but other than that it was exactly the same. They were also seemingly copying nearly every photograph and pose. But it’s totally ok now. I like going by my own name!

4 Likes

Oh- then it’s totally yours to use! Just know that she may also decide to use it :pensive:

3 Likes

How unoriginal of them Lol!
I realize anyone can use any name they want, I just didn’t know if there was a way to secure your nursery name, which it sounds like that’s a big no!

3 Likes

No security, it’s a free for all! And there have been a lot of other similar ones crop up. Hoping no other Aly Ralphs are out there. :joy: There is already another Alycia (Alicia’s Angels) and I was even trying to be respectful of that. I am actually only Aly in the reborn world or to my niece and nephew :wink:

You know those people that see you sitting there waiting to turn left into a drive through- you can either motion them to go ahead because they have been sitting there patiently to earn their spot in line or make a right turn right in front of them because technically you can? You will find both types in this community :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah I think I’m getting the idea :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why so many use their name, myself included. They can’t complain about you using your own name :blush:

3 Likes

Happened to me too and she was repainting China copies. She disappeared though.

3 Likes

Kind of like a strange twist on a stalker situation. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

When I search your nursery name just out of curiosity, Disney cruises nursery popped right away - and you can’t compete with Disney!

Maybe you can change it on to ‘Your name Small World’? Like ‘Desiree’s Small World’.

2 Likes

Yes and no because mine says reborn nursery, which I suppose makes it different from Disney :wink:

2 Likes

You really need to choose a different name. Disney has “it’s a small world” trademarked. Even if you add “reborn nursery” it probably still violates usage. It may never be an issue. But I hear Disney periodically sweeps the internet looking for violators. They could catch you randomly. And if you ever become big, they will certainly catch you.

2 Likes