Sculpt you loved but hated

Since we did favourite and least favourite sculpts, anyone have a sculpt that you absolutely loved… until you painted it?

For me it’s Realborn Christopher, I absolutely adored the kit, until my work was on it, this is her below

7 Likes

Could be the picture, but she looks a little bit pale. Other than that I think she’s adorable.

3 Likes

What didn’t you like?

1 Like

there’s nothing wrong with her, I just dont like my painting style on her

1 Like

I ended up really disliking Miya. Her limbs are very straight and she was so hard to pose normally.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with youre paint style
I loved it not al babys are red or over colored :ok_hand: :heart:

1 Like

She’s beautiful. Just add a couple of warm washes and she will be just right. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Realborn Ana

2 Likes

River by Toby Morgan. I adore the prototype but in person this kit lack details and realism and is hard to paint.
I didn’t painted Kovu yet, but when I received the kit I found that the limbs are not proportionate. That’s turning me off.

2 Likes

Ashley’s bottom lip gave me fits. The way it looks like she’s sucking it in a bit is adorable, but I didn’t realize it would be so difficult to paint.

I used to think Everly by Denise Pratt was so cute until I painted her, now I really dislike the sculpt. I could not for the life of me get her to look like a baby rather than a doll!

1 Like

Summer rain!! I love this kit, but had to put her away twice, and still not done! :grin: she’s just challenging for me.

1 Like

Luise Wegerich. She turned out fine but she gave me so many problems with her skin tone I grew to dislike the sculpt and wouldn’t paint her again.

6 Likes

I never loved Rosalie, and I continue to hate her. Logan and Jennie awake same thing, I just couldn’t get them right. 3 month Joe. But I never loved them in the beginning. :rofl:

3 Likes

I am thinking to get an ashley but she is tiny
Or the one in youre logo she is the Miya sculpt ?
She has sutch a sweet face :relaxed:

I am your hater twin :wink:
Plus SueSue and Maggi.

3 Likes

She’s gorgeous

No!!! Don’t hate Sue sue!!! :cry:

3 Likes

The one in my picture is Miya, yes. She is a very sweet kit. Ashley wears preemie clothes, but she is also pretty sweet.

Here is a work in progress photo of the Ashley I painted in August to give you an idea of her size. I stand 5 foot 6 inches.

I do love Sue Sue! :joy:. Wish I could find her.

2 Likes