Rooting just want to cry

I’m going to sell all my mohair and needles that I won’t be using for lashes. I just can’t get this. Thanks anyway :heartpulse:

Just a newbie observation. Correction if I am wrong. I think tails are short hairs sticking out when you root. Could be caused by the needle cutting one side of a loop when rooting a loop. Or if you are rooting from the cut ends, instead of loops, If you start to push the hair down into the head farther away than 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the cut ends the hair can be long enough to stick-out leaving a small short tail beside the implanted hair. (This is what I understood from the video I watched on youtube by “ The birthing center Reborn Tutorial”.

3 Likes

Oh I see. I have not started rooting yet to experience that. Also what does your name mean? I think it is Spanish…I am pronouncing it in my head in Spanish anyway! :joy:

I am so tired of looking for passwords and nicknames that I think about the country, about Puerto Rico, my native country, and remember the squirrels running around in the mountain and “Yes” I pick one of the animals as my nickname una “ :chipmunk: “ ardilla.

Oh I see! I don’t know all of the animals yet. I have had 3 semesters of Spanish already. I enjoy the language, although there are so many difficult parts! I am much better in vocab!

I feel the same way. Mine is pitiful compared to other folks. I ordered a lamp thing to go in the head to see if that helps.

Ladies.

You can dip the handle of any needle in rubber yourself. Its what I do.
Don’t over pay for rubber coated needles.

1 Like

I’m the opposite. I don’t understand how people can root thick. Your holes must be so close together they must practically be on top of each other. I don’t feel like mine are far apart so I don’t know how it’s done.

1 Like

Takes FOREVER, I’ll agree with that!

1 Like

Rooting is one of those things that takes time, interest in learning and lots of patience. You can hardly expect that you will know everything about it in a short time. You have to be willing to take the time to learn and practice. Learn to love it or you will never be as good as you would like. It is all in the way we view things.

4 Likes

It may help more than explaining

6 Likes

That’s not only for the rubber we like them, they are strong and thin.
I use a wooden tool for the regular needles.

2 Likes

It’s not paying for the vinyl coating. It’s that specific brand that I like and they just coat the different size needles so you can tell them apart. They are also much stronger than any other needles I have used. I have probably rooted 10 babies with them and haven’t broke any, at all.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Beautiful rooting. I wish I could understand French. :heart:

2 Likes

Which rooting technique are you using?
I tried rooting a loop and found it so messy, lots of tails, kept missing hairs ect so I switched to rooting from the end, it’s so much easier.

The tails are not a big deal, push your needle back into the hole and it should push the tail inside the head

2 Likes

But why?! Your babies are beautiful! Hold on to the rooting supplies and slowly practice til you get the look you want. Also, customers love thick heads of hair. So just keep doing what you do. :kissing_heart:

I think it’s when the hair goes in wrong and the hair bends and the tip sticks out of the head lol if that makes sense

Not sure but I may find out when I start rooting lol

1 Like

I will send a picture when I get a chance.

Sorry! I make a mistake, that’s another of my nicknames someplace else. For this forum is “ Conejilla” a “Rabbit “. ( is my own creation from the word “Coneja” using a diminutive “ conejita”.