Rooting just want to cry

No matter what hair or needles I just can’t get the hang of it. May I just cry? I don’t want to root thickly. That I can do. I want it to look nice like some of y’all’s. All of the tips I receive I just don’t do it right yup you tube videos you name it. And it takes Forever! The hair might break or I get tails or just holes with no hair. Trying everything :sob:

3 Likes

I use these needles and I personally love them! They root perfect.

1 Like

I can’t root thinly either. All of my babies end up with thick heads of hair. I can’t figure out how people manage to get beautiful thin hair. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I want to root beautiful thick hair but I always ended up with too sparse. Send me your head and I will send you mine :joy:

9 Likes

Let’s do it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have the pink and white ones.

I have tried all of them. And personally just love the green the best for basic rooting. I have to use different sizes for eyelashes though.

Each mohair have is needle.
I mostly use the pink (42g crown) and the black (42g single barb). If you don’t grab hair maybe the needle is too small, if you grab too much it is too big.

The tiny tails drive me crazy. Try to grab the hair at the very end. For dry mohair that break, I leave it soak in conditioner until it dry than brush it, it help.

3 Likes

What is different other than the vinyl?

The thickness of different needles and how many forks they have in them.

I understand that, but that part is the same with or without the vinyl, correct? I mean, if you have a 42g crown with vinyl, it is the same as one without vinyl, right? That is what is confusing me.

The vinyl on the needle?

The needle. You were saying you had the best luck, so to speak with the green one, but in my thinking (it could be wrong, understand) the needle is the same with or without the coating. So, is it better because it has a coating? Maybe that makes it easier to use?

Oh, ok. The different colors are different sizes is all it is. With the heavenly illusions brand. Like the green one i use is the 40 g 3 barb. The pink are 43 g 3 barb. Basically like a label for that brand.

1 Like

Oh, OK.

I think the pink one’s are 42?

1 Like

The tails drive me crazy to!

1 Like

They may be. I don’t use the pink ones often so I may be wrong on that.

If you compare how you hold your needle to the time on a clock, how do you hold it? For instance 10:00, 6:00? Do you understand? I don’t explain things well LOL

1 Like

What are tails?

1 Like