Role Play Depth

This is fantastic. I’m so happy for you and I hope you’ll be sharing many videos with us. So cool!

2 Likes

That looks amazing! Wow!

2 Likes

It’s awesome!

2 Likes

That is the coolest purchase ever! I think I am going to clear out a closet (my lab) :thinking: and try to paint my silicone in there. It is very sandy/dusty here. It is a small closet but should work ok. Not as good as an incubator though. I love it! Can’t wait for the videos!

1 Like

Put a humidifier in there. It will help the floating stuff settle and not get kicked up so bad in the air.

I’m still editing the video. My nail broke so I have to do those tonight. :pensive:

Andrew is almost finished with repairs. I touched up his color too. I need two more flesh layers and to matte him. I wanted to get those pictures up too. I just got way too much all a once. Lol!!

Hi. My name is Dr. Chick and this is how I roll. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh, good idea! Thanks, we have humidifiers in our bedrooms and for the dogs, lol. Andrew is looking good!

2 Likes

That looks awsome and your baby also so real beautiful

1 Like

Well, Andrew is being held for observation for a while and then will be able to go home. He got his very last surgery to graft skin to his face. He is comfy and recovering well. :grin:

When he’s ready to go home, I’ll share his whole journey in a video.

In the meantime, sweet little peanut! His face is not ever going to be the way it was before but it is very minimal scarring.

8 Likes

He looks great! It’s barely visible.

2 Likes

@DollChick Enjoy your new purchase!

I’m just curious as this is not something I have ever done or plan to do. If you place the tube further back, wouldn’t it create a space for the liquid to seep between the tube and the inner silicone? I’m sure it is glued in and sealed somehow, but there could be tiny holes in the seal that could allow moisture where you don’t want it, especially with time, if fluid gets into the mouth. Am I missing something?

2 Likes

I put silicone around the tube after getting it in place. Because the tube is not the same type of silicone, it doesnt adhere the same way it does to the doll. There is a risk of moisture leaking down between the doll and the tube. That can be fixed by using a bottle nipple or flange glued to the end of the tube that the bottle nipple you are putting in the mouth goes straight into it. Even then, there would still be risk of moisture going where it is not intended. The placement of the tube doesn’t really matter. Silicone stretches out when you put something through it and then closes tightly back around it. That is how hair even stays in one.

If it is of any comfort to those that worry about water getting down beside the tube, part of my testing when I put the drink and wet in was to shove a bottle in the baby’s mouth as rough as I could, then dried the mouth out completely, then I pulled the silicone away from the tube a bit and did not see moisture or get any on a dry swab. This is not to say it could not happen. This is me saying that on one doll I put the tube in with one time of being very rough and careless with giving the baby a bottle, it did not leak down into the baby.

I’m sure it is possible for that to happen and depends on more factors than anyone is feasibly able to calculate to determine if a particular baby will or will not leak around the tube.

I don’t think people that own drink and wet babies look to see if it does leak. That makes it really hard to know if it leaked from the beginning, leaked after some wear and tear, or never leaked at all.

This is a risk that has to be accepted if one desires a drink and wet baby.

3 Likes

This is what the tube looks like in a silicone prior to sealing it around for the top.

I will get some other pictures after it is sealed.

5 Likes

Thanks for explaining. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Andrew grew eye lashes. They are not perfect but they are better than any other silicone I’ve tried it on. I think I’m ok with them. I’m a tad worried about the eyebrows. I have decided he will remain bald.

Eye lashes are hard to photograph. His are a dark blonde. Part of one eye came out when I was fluffing them. I don’t really care for HP Baby Locks either. They are thick, shiny, and a pain to root on silicone without it looking like plugs. It isn’t too bad on vinyl.

4 Likes

Since he isn’t going to have any hair on his head, I’d go without eyebrows, too.

1 Like

I finally got around to the incubator unboxing thing. Unfortunately, the actual box opening was not appropriate at all (thanks boys :roll_eyes:) So, I just did a video looking over it some.

2 Likes

That looks amazing!
Now I do wonder what happened in the original unboxing video. :rofl:

3 Likes

So, I can remove sound no problem so their profanity is workable. Their sign language, bare bottoms, and … lord have mercy…their genitals are way too time consuming to blur out. They are 19, 17, and 15. Some days…

The incubator is 450+ pounds though. There ZERO chance I was getting it in the house by mmyself. I was going to wait for hubby so he could help and I’d have a nice unboxing video but it was not sealed in plastic and it was about to rain. So I asked my boys for help. It was a rare time they happened to all be at home at once. I should have known better than to ask them. I actually only asked my oldest boy but you know, the other two couldn’t be weaker than him. Lol!! Ergo the cursing and baring of private body parts.

2 Likes

I probably could salvage some photos from the video. Lol!! We live in the middle of nowhere. They think the yard is their bedroom and they also think it is funny to expose themselves to each other. At one point, the youngest pulled his pants down just so he could fart with his bare butt out. They all thought that was a riot. :unamused::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

LOL, boys. I’ve never had a tour of an incubator and that was pretty nice. I really love your set up! Can’t wait to see more.

1 Like