Role Play Depth

Well, I talked with my husband about it and he gave the go ahead. He helped me pick one out. The top of it opens like a clam shell. He thought of the workability too. I’m glad he did because it tossed out quite a few models.

I actually have an engineering degree in small electronics. Part of my education was in automation. I don’t know about full on special effects projects but the idea is some what appealing, just not enough to REALLY dive into it. I had intended to take my degree into a job in manufacturing. Well, somehow the engineering part became a hobby and computers are where my career went.

So, we ordered one! We will see how it goes.

6 Likes

Storage is a part of it. Silicones in progress will hang out in there when I can’t work on them. That isn’t the only reason for it but it is one of the benefits.

1 Like

IMHO, if paying for it is not taking food off your table or anything like that, then I say go for it!

There’s always going to be haters but you don’t have to live your life according to their opinions.

Also, $2,000 is not a lot of money if it gives you peace with some of what has happened in your life.

4 Likes

It isn’t a lot of money in my brain either considering that a blank silicone baby is $1,000 give or take. It is the equivalent of two blank babies to paint. My husband pointed that out to me and said it is the same as a vinyl artist that would invest in equipment (NuWave oven) that costs around the price of two kits. The money won’t upset the budget at all. I talked to my husband because I value his opinion and prefer to keep our finances in the open. We both work and have our own accounts. I’m not spending “his” money. We both add to an account that pays the bills and the rest of our income is our own to do whatever we choose with it. Sometimes I feel like I’m viewed as a child or border line abused when I ask my husband for his approval on spending money. It isn’t like that though. I really value his opinions and he has saved me from spending lots of money by pointing out the pros and cons.

6 Likes

It’s nice that he does that, as he may see some things you don’t. I think it is all in how he treats you, for having ask his approval. You do such great work with silicone, that I think you should go for it! Do what works for you!

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with asking an opinion. I do it with my boyfriend all the time. It would be a problem when you say “I really want to buy this and I will!” and he’d forbid you from doing so.

2 Likes

I think the incubator is a cleaver idea. Glad to reed you decided to go ahead. This is what you love to do and it makes you happy so go for it. Can´t wait to see your ultrarealistic features.

3 Likes

Those will take a while. Developing a prototype is quite involved. Plus, it will require some time for testing too. I wouldn’t want to send a baby out the door that is super cool, super expensive, and then super break or tear soon after arriving.

1 Like

It’s nice that he does that, as he may see some things you don’t. I think it is all in how he treats you, for having ask his approval. You do such great work

2 Likes

The incubator should be here on June 1st! I feel compelled to make an unboxing video. :grin: Well, in this case, an uncrating video.

11 Likes

Why not? Make a video! I’d definitely be curious to see what it’ll look like and how they pack such a thing up!

3 Likes

I’ve never ordered something big and had it shipped. I’ve got an idea what it is like because the military ships your stuff in crates and pallets. I’ll make a video anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve never had something that big delivered either! A big crate sounds so exciting, haha!

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the unboxing video, how fun!

2 Likes

Not that this post really needs another reply from me but I am busting at the seems to get this incubator tomorrow!!! It is distracting enough that I’m having trouble focusing on the vinyl baby I’m trying to paint hair on…

3 Likes

I’m excited for you, too!

2 Likes

I’m gonna be a 3 year old…:unamused:

They aren’t delivering it today. I have to wait until tomorrow. I’m throwing a tantrum and said mean things about them.

Also, ebay won’t show me my messages. I’m pouty about that too.

8 Likes

It’s here!!! Unboxing video tonight or tomorrow. I need to edit it. In the meantime, some quick pictures!!!

:exploding_head::partying_face::exploding_head::partying_face::exploding_head::partying_face::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

It works!! The doors are open on the front in this one.

This is with the front fully pulled down.

These next two are from the top down. No more tripod needed for videos!!!:grin::grin::grin:

There are plastic block thingers that can hold up a limb while it dries.

I am over the moon!!! I love this thing!! I’m looking forward to seeing how fast I’m able to paint Angelina and Grumpy!!!

11 Likes

WOW—congratulations on the arrival of your new acquisition!! I’m glad that you got something that makes you so Happy!! Enjoy it!!

p.s. it looks awesome.

3 Likes

Dude…a pot with .5 inches of silicone set completely in 30 minutes. This is a game changer!

1 Like