Reborns.com pre-owned dolls any thoughts

I don’t like them and find them offensive. You can’t make people see what they refuse to “see”. I am sure they were offensive, people were just unaware of them being offensive - depending on what side of the bed you slept on. Times change because people were made aware that they were offensive. And I am muting this so as not to get worked up over this portion of the conversation.

15 Likes

Well stated @AnnieSokay!

2 Likes

I just went on the bear pile site and sent Dave a respectful email, asking him to consider removing these dolls from his site. It is all from the same artist in the UK.

5 Likes

Good. Hopefully he will remove them.

2 Likes

He basically passed the buck to the seller and said I am welcome to hash it out with her and that he can see both sides of the story :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

So basically he has no issues with “potentially” racist dolls. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Yup. She has a mammy doll on there too. I am not one to get in the middle of controversial topics, but this rubbed me the wrong way.

5 Likes

Wow! So in other words, he does not care that others find this offensive. He is basically stating he is quite all right with it. I just could not in good conscience help promote anything that hurts others.

3 Likes

Yes so he is ok with that, but not with Alternatives on a front page ?
In french we say “2 poids, 2 mesures”. (I don’t know how to translate that. 2 standards).

6 Likes

I don’t think Pre-Loved dolls are getting flipped for a profit. I think these sellers are just trying to get back some of the initial cost (to buy a more expensive doll or due to buyer’s remorse) while buyers are looking for deals because they can (hopefully) find a like-new doll without the sticker shock.

I personally prefer buying new 99% of the time. I once bought a Wilma sculpt second-hand, though, since I couldn’t find her anywhere and she’s one of my favorites.

4 Likes

You got it! “A double standard”

6 Likes

I really don’t think dolls that are NOT reborned or painted by hand in any way should be allowed in reborns. And yet that is what is happening.
I get that people want to sell preloved dolls on there, at least they are reborns.
But i just saw a listing for a doll that is definitely not a reborn, and looks like it could be from Walmart :grimacing::confused:
Before long I’m afraid it will just be another random selling platform instead of dedicated to reborns.

6 Likes

https://www.reborns.com/item/88167/4

1 Like

Posted a link to the listing i was referring to.

This particular seller is in Singapore. As far as I can tell, she has yet to sell anything.

1 Like

She looks like a kid.
That doll looks like an Antonio Juan doll or something very similar. Not a reborn for sure.

1 Like

100% agreed. If the doll is not painted by a person, it should not be allowed on the site. When we were specifically discussing Berenguers on reborns, I said that I didn’t mind them because people do reborn them. This is not okay. She can sell that on ebay where the rest of the factory “reborns” are.

6 Likes

I agree, it’ll turn out like e-bay.

2 Likes

Has anyone contacted Dave about this?

2 Likes

I dont know if he know of that particular listing but he has asked for feedback on the fact that people are listing or trying to list them on the chat part of the site.

5 Likes