Reborning Baby Ever

I’m still working on this little guy. Has anyone else started reborning baby Ever? Share your photos :hugs::heart_eyes:

22 Likes

I’ve been trying. She’s a tough nut to crack and has been fighting me every step of the way. Soooooo many layers I and she finally started taking paint after about 30

10 Likes

I felt like I couldn’t be the only one finding some challenges with this kit :joy::heart_eyes:. It’s hard to describe…I haven’t reached my desired skin tone yet. I’m still at it, though.

3 Likes

I messaged BB about it to see if they’d gotten similar feedback from anyone and they said no so if I were you I’d let them know so they would at least have a record of it.

They did offer me all kinds of tips as to how to handle it but I’d already done everything they suggested before I messaged them…

They said to be sure I had washed the kit in dawn before painting etc. they said to contact them again if I still had issues. I did and didn’t hear back from them so :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ll see if I can find the email

2 Likes

I’ll keep going for now because I don’t think there will be any customer satisfaction resolutions offered. And I’ll be creative in the areas that I’m experiencing challenges with. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I didn’t think so either

1 Like

I washed mine but haven’t started yet

1 Like

Pardon the cellphone pics but heres my work in progress Ever… I’ve had the same issues! She seems to just drink paint, I’ve done at least 50 layers at this point(GHSP). I’m still trying to get her skin tone to where i want it to be. I used the matte varnish about halfway through but it didn’t seem to help much.

15 Likes

Can you share your experience when you do? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

1 Like

I’m wondering if they did something different with this vinyl. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

@PhotographyForLife Yay, Kelli! You are not alone! I know it does not bring much comfort, but sill… I was telling you that other Evers are pale too :wink:

1 Like

your Ever’s look like they are coming along really well, sorry to see that there has been trouble getting this kit to take paint…very unusual and sounds frustrating :worried: let me see if we have any spare part vinyl and test paint it

5 Likes

Yes! It does help to know it’s a kit quirk! As a beginner though it’s very frustrating as I was just getting the hang of things and then a spoke in the wheel lol… every single time

2 Likes

That would be great! Let us know! I’m curious if it’s the vinyl recipe or something

1 Like

She looks gorgeous!!! I can totally understand your frustrations though. Regardless how they turn out at the end. It would be a tough kit choice for a newbie. I wonder if maybe it’s just a handful or all of them? I noticed all the prototypes were really light too. I am really excited to see @Keneen version as I think she will make a gorgeous biracial or AA baby. My original plan was to try for an Asian baby with that cherubic smile and delicious cheeks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love her lips!

1 Like

Awww thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We don’t have any spare parts to test here, but I asked around about it the problem you guys are running into. Not sure what it would be, our inspecting manager said that if you wash the vinyl parts in soapy warm water and then let it completely air dry before painting it then you shouldn’t have that problem. It could also be if the paint your using it mixed too thin, but that will depend on what type of paint your using and our Manager is most familiar with Genesis paint. Sorry, I wish we knew all the answers :frowning:

3 Likes

It will be an AA baby for sure…it took a lot of layers to get to this point :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into it. That’s why I’m wondering if it is a different vinyl mixture. I soaked her overnight in dawn then scrubbed her with dawn and made sure she dried overnight before I added any paint. It almost seems like I’m taking paint off instead of putting it on.

2 Likes