Reborning Baby Ever

You make the most beautiful babies! If I ever decide to get a custom for myself you are on the top of my list!

2 Likes

Eek, this doesn’t make me want to start my Ever :confused: I’m just wondering, on one of Sue Ellen’s tutorials she cleaned the kits with some sort of kitchen cleaner that’s kindve abrasive, to give the kits “tooth” so that paint adheres better. So I’ve been using baking soda along with my dawn when washing the kits. Then rub them down with alcohol before I start painting. I’m hoping that helps me when I start this kit.

1 Like

that is very strange, this isn’t happening after the paint has been baked is it?

1 Like

What paint :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Paint doesn’t seem to stay. I’ve baked let cook baked again then tried a layer. It really didn’t take washes well at all. I have no paint in her creases cause it wouldn’t stay. You know you put it there and let it sit an bit and pounce to blend. It just came off. Couldn’t blend anything :woman_shrugging:t2:

Does the vinyl feel the same as other realborn kits?

3 Likes

I’m mixing with thinning medium, now. Try that.

1 Like

To me, I didn’t notice a difference

1 Like

I didn’t pay attention to that when I started. After so many layers of paint, I wouldn’t be able to say for sure.

1 Like

Mine feels the same but has a hard line behind the left ear on the inside… not sure what it is.
Hopefully it wont be an issue when I bake.

Nothing looks different on the outside.

1 Like

Lol, Yeah I have no idea what is up with it. In the next Container with Ever we can pull one aside and try to figure it out.

1 Like

I really hope it’s not the same as the last ones.

I kinda want to order another and see if it’s the same lol

2 Likes

I’ll start mine tonight to see if I have any issues!

2 Likes

Started painting mine yesterday; no problems so far but I’m only a couple of washes and a mottle in. Took a quick pic with my phone

9 Likes

I just ordered one, now I’m nervous

1 Like

Don’t be nervous. I obviously got paint on the kit…it just took forever :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@cajuncuties did you have any issues on your gorgeous version?

2 Likes

I will be the one that makes their paint way too dark because it isn’t taking and then all of a sudden it takes and she turns into a tomato or an orange😜

4 Likes

I always prep with a layer of matte varnish. It took more layers than usual, but so did Alma.

3 Likes