REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Ordered

109961598_307154827143483_3047847673600417710_n

Received

Still working with Paypal… There is also another site with exactly the same doll pictures so more are getting scammed
https://bazinga19.shop/products/baby-3?fbclid=IwAR1VC4RCYI4VAMaWdpW98sP6U3QkPQiOb-NGB2kUMcUuhGEwxEFa3nz5Bow

They have Maddie on scam site got her 20 inches I saw her on ebay

2 Likes

I believe this might be a scam site. They had several grinches.

2 Likes

They are :frowning:

2 Likes

This was from FB but I have seen it all now. Someone literally blaming the sculpturs for their sculpts being STOLEN.

3 Likes

Wow. She obviously has no idea what she’s talking about. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

DUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So I guess if someone steals my car it is my fault for not bringing it into my house??? LOL
I do not have a garage.

6 Likes

Silly you. Of course it is. lol

2 Likes

That’s not even true. Kits that have been manufactured in Germany also have been illegally copied.

4 Likes

She kept running her mouth, until a sculptur did comment then she had nothing to say lol :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

So after fighting with Paypal for over a month they have denied my claim. The piece of garbage I received had been sent, as a gift lol, to the USA. I live in Canada. No way would I ask a friend to send and PAY to return that trash to Asia. So because I could not ship it back they denied my claim. Live and learn. I always thought a site offering Paypal was more secure - JOKE - obviously they do not check anyone out. It isn’t even the money I lose - it’s getting ripped off and they come down on the side of the scammer. :hot_face:

4 Likes

PayPal has become a joke in this. Not much there for buyer protection any more. They give eBay sellers a horrible time sometimes when they have to deal with a buyer who tries to scam them, and has even given money back to the scamming buyer and let them keep the doll. But the China scammers are doing it and they got off Scot-free.

1 Like

Just got forwarded this little gem from someone on Facebook.
Disgusting because of the scam, but I know her. She is dying laughing. :joy::joy::joy:

At least she has not received a real baby :flushed:

4 Likes

What I consider to be a scam is people selling kits for a 300-400% mark up. I’ve been reborning for almost ten years, and it is becoming very difficult to afford a good kit. It is ruining the industry for a lot of people, and encouraging artists to buy kits and dolls from these sites.

1 Like

Do you mean companies or private sellers? Neither are scams as long as they are honest about what they’re selling.

5 Likes

That’s not a scam. If the kit is legitimate then they are free to sell it at any price they choose.

3 Likes

It’s the same as people selling action figurines in original packaging paid 15$ for 300$ many years later.
Some kits are SOLE and rare, they worth more.
That’s not scam, that’s the market.

Now selling a new release open edition kit for 3 x the price is not funny, but it’s the customer choice to buy it or not. That’s not scam either.

8 Likes

Something has more value when it is rare and there are those who feel the cost equals the value and they are willing to pay the price. If someone is willing to pay $300 (sometimes more) for a long sold out kit, then that kit’s value is valid. Something has value based on what someone is willing to pay. SOLE kits on eBay get bid up to higher prices because the kit has that value to the bidders and the top bidder is willing to pay however much to have that kit. That’s how things are. It’s nothing new and doesn’t exist only in the doll world. This is why dresses worn by celebrities often go for very high prices in auctions. Everything has value to someone, and therefore everything has a price. Just because it may be too high for you, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have that value.

6 Likes