REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Any factory doll marked as a reborn is fake. Reborns are only handmade works of art. A doll like that could probably be purchased at Walmart for less than $58.

3 Likes

Officially over 500 scam sites and pages!!!

6 Likes

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

I just took a look at some of them by curiousity. I shouldn’t have. Now I am upset they took one of my picture.
Only way they can be stopped or at least slow is if PayPal, Ebay, Etsy, Amazon and cie decide they not allowing scammers anymore. But I g;uess money is more important than integrity. I shouldn’t be surprised.

3 Likes

Just …:astonished::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

These scammers are disgusting heaped upon disgusting, evil. They are so lucky they are on the other side of the planet or they’d have an angry mob coming after them with pitchforks.

4 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, some sculptor also using cheap Chinese vinyl in producing their sculpt.

1 Like

Which ones?

1 Like

There are legit vinyl factory in China, most of sculptors use them.

I know some “artists” can buy cheap fake kits on eBay tho.

I’m not aware of any sculptors using cheap Chinese vinyl. Who?

1 Like

Doll kits from China are not the issue.

Illegally copied doll kits are.
As well as illegally poured kits after the sculptor says no more are to be made.
And silicones made from vinyl kits without the permission of the sculptor are also a problem

9 Likes

I will not mention names because I do not have the right to criticize people, but the sculptor should make sure of the vinyl quality if they wants to sell it at a price 100 dollars and more.

yes I agree with you.

My dear, if I had bought any of them, I wouldn’t have put the question on this forum.
Anyway, that is not the issue.
I’m sorry I talked about different points.

I don’t understand. Why are you upset ? I don’t accuse you of anything ? My english may be not the best but I don’t see why anything I have said make you talk to me like this.

I do understand very well the point you talk about. Let me clarify my response. I know some people think that because some of kits are made in Chinese vinyl it is the same as the fake ones. It may not be your case, I don’t know.

1 Like

I’m not upset, dear.
English is not my first language, as well.
Just because you mentioned artists like these “artists.” and you replied to my answer.
Still, I’m not an expert artist, and I already asked a question about eBay’s cheap kits in my topic
eBay reborn kits. So definitely you mean me.
It was just a question. I didn’t say anything wrong about the sculptors. I purchased many of popular kits at a high price and feel their vinyl is cheap. If I didn’t use cloth body, I can’t even cuddle the reborn doll.
I’m sorry again my reply was not related to this topic.

Ladies. Lets clarify.

China makes a great deal of products sold in the USA.

China vinyl is not the issue. Legitimate sculpt pouring vinyl kit markers are not potentially toxic. They don’t steal sculpts and they don’t use already made dolls to make more and sell them as legitimate reborns.

The knock off dolls are not the same thing.

7 Likes

Here’s one my customer brought from scam site she said it a 5.00 doll

3 Likes

…and it’s only 10" long when it’s advertised as 20".

2 Likes