REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

I purchased a doll from reborndollsshop in April and it has yet to be delivered. After reading many of the posts here, if it does come I’m sure it won’t be worth keeping. I’ve learned my lesson to research before I order from online vendors, no matter how legit they seem! I saw in a post that someone called the seller out on it, that they knew they weren’t the original artist, and that they refunded their money right away. I’m wondering if anyone here knows who the original artist is of this doll

2 Likes

There’s a big difference between real reborns and the fake ones. The fake ones are from the scammers, most of whom are operating from Asia, and are made in their factories. Real reborn dolls are not made in factories but in a reborn artists’ home, one at a time, by hand. Care and love is put into every layer of paint, by a genuine, trustworthy reborn artist. The scammers are illegally copying reborn kits. Theirs are barely painted and rooted by a machine in the factory and sent out in mass quantities to those fortunate enough to receive something from them. You have to purchase a real reborn doll from the artist, either through their site or page, or through a site set up for them to sell their work on, like eBay, reborns. com , ArtDollery. com, and some sell on Etsy. What the scammers and Asian companies are selling are not real reborns. They have stolen that term like they’ve stolen the reborn sculpts of artists. Even genuine reborn artists need to be researched. There are many who have good reputations, and there are some who are just bad apples. You need to ask for photos of their work if they don’t already advertise it. A good artist will have plenty of photos for customers to look at and will be very open to answering questions.

2 Likes

Marina Blue Studios

2 Likes

So audacious how these scammers steal the photos of the real artists and remove their water marks. They feel untouchable being way over there is Asia. Wish there was some way to stop them.

4 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

109961598_307154827143483_3047847673600417710_n

Ordered and the disgusting piece of garbage received.

3 Likes

Can you get your money back?

2 Likes

Sorry to see you were scammed.
I now have over 465 sites and pages on my scam list

Which scam site did you order from?

5 Likes

My link doesn’t change but the edits do (often) :frowning:

If you dont have Facebook and want to see the list just let me know and I will paste the current list… it is very long though.

4 Likes

That is beyond wrong and disgusting!

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @DawnP so sorry that happened to you!

2 Likes

From the WEALLLOVE.CO. It was on facebook

2 Likes

Oh. Yeah they have sent out a lot of the foam like dolls :frowning:

3 Likes

That is not even a doll. It’s trash

1 Like

Just to let all know there is another site that just appeared on Facebook. All the same dolls as other sites

https://bazinga19.shop/products/baby-3?fbclid=IwAR1VC4RCYI4VAMaWdpW98sP6U3QkPQiOb-NGB2kUMcUuhGEwxEFa3nz5Bow

The facebook page has since disappeared - I did have time to report but doubt that does much good. They do, however, still have a website.

1 Like

I had Bazinga on my list but added Bazinga19

3 Likes

This was what was on facebook. Thieves

3 Likes

Is this a scam doll a lady said shes buying it I told her it could be a scam said she ordered babies off Amazon before

1 Like

It’s a scam. They are not reborns. They’re factory dolls and she won’t receive what’s pictured. There’s no such thing as silicone vinyl and most of them are stolen pictures and sculpts. She will be very disappointed by what she gets. She’s not going to find a genuine reborn for those prices. If she wants a genuine reborn, refer her to reborns.com. Lots of choices, lots of prices.

5 Likes

I just told her I told her to go to reborns so they no scammers on reborns

1 Like