REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Both Liam and Maddie listed as 20". Did they shrink them or something…?

2 Likes

That’s what I’m wondering. I wonder what size those kits actually are.

1 Like

Doubt that is what they actually recieve. Not sure if they have actually been copied or not.

2 Likes

You can communicate with the artists on Reborns. You can ask for additional pictures. If it would be a scammer or not legit doll there, this forum already would chase that ‘artist’ out. Some people still ship outside of US, it just the shipping time is so unpredictable and may take month vs weeks. We have wonderful artist from France (closet to you than US :wink: ) - @RebornsbyZebra - April, She is closer to you. You can look at her work in her nursery ShieldSquare Captcha
There are 4 artists for UK, but I am not familiar with their work very well.

If you want to know what to look in well painted reborn before you buy it, just ask here on the forum.

5 Likes

this looks suspicious
https://www.myrebornbabydoll.com/collections/darren/products/17-5-georgia-reborn-truly-baby-boy-doll

1 Like

That’s definitely a scam site

3 Likes

Yep, scam site and has been on the list for awhile now…

2 Likes

Amazon is in on it now I send them a message everytime i find one

2 Likes

look what they did to saskia
https://www.amazon.com/Angelbaby-American-Silicone-Weighted-Realistic/dp/B08BJVMRRW/ref=sr_1_146?dchild=1&keywords=Angelbaby+Doll&qid=1594609249&sr=8-146

2 Likes

I left a “nice” review for Amazon over that April kit. Sadly tho, they now “review” all reviews before posting them so bet it won’t post to the site.
Also sent their customer service team a message about their MANY counterfeit items sold on their platform

3 Likes

Officially over 400 SCAMS on my list :frowning:

4 Likes

Saskia’s face is caving in, and look how they distorted her mouth when copying her; and look at her foot caving in, in the picture of her standing.

1 Like

When you copy something I think you have to make a certain amount of things be different. To make it legal. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I know it is not about them making it legal.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s true. But I think their kits may look different because they made a mold from the vinyl and it caused distortion of the features. And they flaunt their counterfeits like they’re so proud of how they look. :laughing:

1 Like

Do you have the graphic thingy of your most recent list? I tried to find it on you page but FB is being dumb for me this morning. I have a buyer asking about one of them.

1 Like

I haven’t made the image one it is kind of a pain and takes a bit of time. But I keep my nursery list updated and pinned to the top of my page (it’s alphabetical)

4 Likes

Okay thank you! I will link her to your post.

1 Like

You might want to add the bunch from Wish, also. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them since November. No problem. Then in April i ordered and its been a mess. After contacting Wish, Im to be refunded. BUT…I ordered 2 Journey dolls, with hair and paint. I just received 2 5inch dolls, very cheap, painted hair, etc. Needless to say, i think all the reborn sites are the same Chinaman, who has differently named stores. This one is named ULstores. But i got smart. Most of the stores dont have addresses or info on the item. I stayaway from them. But, this dodo had everything on page, and even answered my email and told me not to worry, dolls on way and he would even call carrier to hurry it up. Can you imagine?
Anyway, i wrote him a scathing letter and sent copy to the Wish company. I hope they are on up and up.
Rickid

2 Likes

Wish has sold knock offs for longer than any of the other scammer sites. All the kits/dolls on wish are knock offs.
Wish in general isn’t bad (not the best quality) but for reborn related items? Best to avoid

2 Likes

I do have Wish, Walmart Amazon, Aliexpress etc on my list on my nursery. There is over 400 on it…

I have them in the top portion.

Every thing on this list are SCAMS
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
THEY ARE STEALING ARTISTS PHOTOS.
*NEW SITES POP UP ALMOST DAILY *
(alphabetical order)
I removed the links to the pages so we do not accidentally give them more traffic on their sites.

NONE of these have real reborns:
aliexpress
walmart .com
target
amazon
wish

Scam sites/pages using stolen pictures:

(then the list of over 400)

2 Likes