REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Now thanks to me and this damn covid 19 I won’t have shi* for my son for his birthday on the 20th of this month yay mom 0 scammers 89$ ughhhhh now I feel like shi* and it’s on me I should have check this stuff out before wasting 89$ on nothing

3 Likes

Ohhhh ok ty

1 Like

La newborns are also called berenguers and are by JC toys! They have a wonderful selection. Though I wouldn’t pay over $40 for one, and you want it new not a “reborn” one off eBay. I hope you’re able to get your money back, and that your son has a wonderful birthday!

2 Likes

added mirumilu

(currently alphabetizing my list so this will look different later today but here is the most recent for now)

1 Like

Now alphabetical 4-8-2020

4 Likes

First and foremost, know this, that no real reborn dolls are made by factories. Only regular dolls and counterfeit knock-offs (fake reborns made from illegally copied kits).

Real reborn dolls are made by artists in their homes. It takes hours and days, and often weeks, to meticulously paint a reborn doll kit to make it resemble a real baby. Artists that root mohair into their babies’s heads work for days and sometimes longer to put only a few hairs at a time into the doll’s head. Many layers of special paints are used to make the skin look realistic. These scammers are in China, and they have stolen so much: the sculpts created by real reborn sculptors, money from collectors, the joy of many children who expected to get what was in the photo, and quite a bit of the livelihood of hardworking reborn artists all over the world. They are destroying the reborn world. Real reborns are not cheap. It takes time, supplies, electricity (lamps used to paint under, ovens for those who use heat-set paints, etc.), love, energy, and skill to make the dolls seen in the photos that these rotten scammers have stolen with one goal in mind: to steal from anyone they can.

Please share the information about these scammers with people you know. Spread the word. We need to shut these thieves down, not let them continue to reproduce like roaches.

5 Likes

I’m impressed. That’s super helpful.

2 Likes

4-10-2020 added uukona

3 Likes

Sadly the amount of people in groups supporting these copies, ok with their resell and standing up for those who buy them are getting so f****** ridiculous!
It’s post after post office lately. People posting their fakes for sale/trade and God forbid you tell them it can’t be sold on actual reborn groups. You get your head bit off.
I am so sick of those copies and those who think their ok.

4 Likes

Sometimes I don’t know what to think about people. They know they made a mistake, they know it’s garbage (this is why they are selling it - to get rid of it), and they want to push their mistakes and their garbage on someone else???

I am sure everyone is aware of “What goes around, comes around…” They will get it back one way or another. Why do it???

5 Likes

Hi everyone. Thanks again for your insights and advice on legitimate vs. non-legitimate artists. Is this one a true seller from your experience? Many thanks and have a great weekend!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Baby-Twin-A-17-Preemie-w-Belly-Plate-Custom-Order/233512900939?hash=item365e74194b:g:9lsAAOSw3yteWey5

1 Like

@FarmMama this listing is from a reborn artist. But this listing is for a custom made baby and is not for the exact one you see in pics. The one you see is a previously made doll. You may have realized that but i wanted to point that out for you.

3 Likes

added angelreborndoll

3 Likes

4-12-2020 added Colelilarebornbabydoll and zenreborn

3 Likes

4-13-2020 added mabyulala and babyrebornstore
(updated again to fit better by making the columns longer and skinnier by taking out the tab locations on the scam sites. Hopefully they can be seen easier on social media now)

4-15-2020 addedimage

4-17-2020 added image

4-18-2020 added uubasic and windyseo

4-19-2020 added snowskeys and reborndolltoy

4-21-2020 added aliesmall, silicone babies and reborn babies for adoption, heartattackk

4-22-2020 added colelilabobo

4-23-2020 added brentbeautiyo and baslike

4-26-2020

4-27-2020

5 Likes

Not sure who the artist is. But the kit is VINYL, Saskia sculpted by Bonnie Brown. The Blank kit is $110

3 Likes

There are some available on reborns.com but they are vinyl. True silicone dolls cost thousands of dollars.

4 Likes

I think this is another one. NannysNurseryReborns on Etsy. She’s using pictures of real baby Johanna and Alexa Calvo’s Johanna reborn with her nursery name right on the picture. Selling it for $156.05. (Weird price) She’s using other prototypes too.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is Scary with the actual situation. :pray:

1 Like