REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

I am so glad you saw the warning.

Like RosieCait mentioned above the first kit is twin A sculpted by Bonnie Brown. It is still available to be bought as a legit blank kit. the kit and body is about $96 at the kit dealer. It is a 17 inch VINYL kit with cloth body and a small belly plate. Most complete Twin A reborns sell for around $300 on average. Sometimes lower sometimes higher.

The second one is the SOLD OUT April sculpted by Joanna Kazmierczak. It is not available at the kit dealers but might be bought from a personal seller (make sure it has the real COA - due to China copying the kit) That one was 20 inches, VINYL with cloth body and was about $100 BLANK. (Personal sellers may charge more due to being a sold out kit now)
https://macphersoncrafts.com/online-store/sold-out-editions/april-by-joanna-kazmierczak.htm?lang=en-GB

What you need to do is search for completed ones. You can do “in search of” posts on social media on reborn groups/pages. Research the seller, check for clear up close pictures, make sure they are showing THEIR work, etc. Ask for a safety photo of the doll right now, to see what it looks like currently. A safety photo is a piece of paper with the seller name and date on it with the doll for sale. (some scammers photoshop these also, make sure it does not look fishy or done on a paint program, etc.)
You can also check on reborns.com and artdollery.com (those are the ONLY 2 reborn sites that are legit with multiple dolls and sellers)

1 Like

Thank you so, so much to you all!!! This is all so helpful in various ways. Also, as I was trying to initially identify whether that was a real website, I sent a very general email inquiry this morning to the email posted on that website. Since then, one of my social media accounts has since been hacked into for the first time ever from locations across the world. It may be coincidence, or it may not be…Thanks again for the heads up about the dolls and also the suggestions on how we may authentically purchase one. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Added liketadress

1 Like

Yeppp even if you type in reborn dolls all the scammers pages come up first.They are smart and dead wrong to do this

3 Likes

Every time they pop up on any of my social media I report them and I believe it got worse!!! I always comment and warn the people. Not sure how long it takes for them to delete me but I try!

1 Like

added toys2joy .com , rsgdoll, artlikedoll

1 Like

Added lulupick and lulupick Ins, panikiaShop, lovetunee, angeliccityy, reborndollinn, reborndolls (fb page), dollsforher, lovely dolls gallery, jeffty

1 Like

Do they compete with each other to see who can come up with the weirdest names?

2 Likes

Personally I think it is all the same company…

3 Likes

I was prying you would not say Papkia I tried buying a doll ohh there for my son cuz he loves playing with my nieces doll on may 25-2020 I have pics

1 Like

I cant tell for sure which doll you thought you bought… but maybe IIeny by Alejandra De Zuniga… it costs thousands.

1 Like

89$ later I learned that I never knew anything about these fools till I just noticed I was being scammed now idk what to do I’m ■■■■■■ out of a birthday gift for my son he’s going on 5 but is Autistic severely developmentally delayed sensory processing disorder he has speech issues so when he said mommy that one I nearly died it was like OK you can have it I’ll buy it right now and then when I realized wait a minute I’m not getting any information no one is messaging me back somethings not right I figure it out I was being scammed

1 Like

I think the name is Sophia

2 Likes

Can you show the picture better? Sophia is the name the scam site gave it but not the real name.

1 Like

So I call them and tell them I was scammed and I will get my money back hopefully

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

2 Likes

Okay yep that is the silicone Ileny by Alejandra de Zuniga. Most of that sculpt that I have seen that is legitimate is $5000+

1 Like

Wow my son as expensive taste

1 Like