REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

The link I just posted? It takes me to a page that explains reborns and gives basic directions on how to make one. That’s odd.

1 Like

That is correct, but if you click on ‘Store’ and make your selection (I click on ‘reborned girls’) and it takes you to Ebay. I already saw several site like this when I did image Google search. I am not sure of the purpose of those sites. May be they are getting paid by redirecting traffic to the selling sites. That particular one that you just posted seems very helpful with some blogging questions/ posts.

4 Likes

I actually like that link, it has great topics and info, but it’s outdated and seems not to be updated since 2017. It talks about 2013 Doll Show also, so someone who had really great interest to blog about reborning at that time created it. Unfortunately videos are no longer available.

1 Like

added storenvy - they are using photos and listing info without artists’ permission

2 Likes

My local Facebook marketplace is just crawling with them! They are the ugliest looking things lol. I’ve been messaging to no avail. The sellers I spoken to knew but just wanted to get their money back. :roll_eyes:

Added vipfshop

3 Likes

added babygift (facebook page - their shop now button goes to stolen prototype picture listings just like the scam sites)
added happybarbies
added fb page - Gift of Love - it links to rebirthdoll

1 Like

@jlesser can you tell if ILOVEDOLLSShop on Etsy is a scam? There’s a 25 inch Famosa doll that I’m interested in but when I Google ILOVEDOLLSShop, Lamomart comes up and that one is a scam so I think I should assume this one is, too.

I think it looks okay. Older dolls? Not any normal fake listing or stolen prototype pictures the scam sites use, etc.
I didnt see Lamomart come up on mine but the etsy shop name search pulled up some type of article about “adult” dolls and loving them… It was quite unexpected. (not related to the etsy shop at all and I even have safe search on… :confused: )

I ordered it. I hope it’s legit.

What about LittleGnomesNursery on Etsy? This one looks like a scam to me. Reborned Gabriella for $160.31. I know the photos are not her work. The one of Alexis is a prototype by Olesya Venger. It says that on the picture that was stolen from MacPherson’s. It says MacPherson’s in the lower right hand corner.

That is the deposit price for a bald one

added bubutiya

1 Like

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for checking.

Career day at school today a sweet little former student, now a fifth grader brings her “reborn from reborn doll shop”. It didn’t look as horrible as some but dear Lord I just couldn’t break it to her that it was not a reborn or that it was a stolen sculpt and a cheap knock off. :cry:

3 Likes

There is a little girl who lives across the street from me now, that I saw this morning carrying around the knock off twin A. I met her mother at the mailbox while checking my mail, I had Emerzion with me (LouLou) and she asked what website I got him from, then explained where they got her daughter’s baby and how she was so shocked that at $135 she didn’t get the silicone body she ordered…turned into an hour long conversation about the dolls,knock offs, pricing etc…to now, I will be making a baby for her daughter (9) in May for her 10th birthday…of the real twin A, in which the lady said I could have the knock off and burn it if I wanted to lol :laughing::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:, she just couldn’t take it from her daughter as she loved her

4 Likes

Realistic reborn and silicone dolls for sale (on facebook) - is stealing photos and listing dolls for sale they do not have. It is not a site like the other scams but definitely a scam

4 Likes

3-9-2020 added lellove

3 Likes

added shareliferight

2 Likes

OMG your gonna run out of room soon :frowning: and with all the warnings people are still buying then trying to trade/sell them off as real reborns

3 Likes