REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

JONSALY.COM

Anyone have experience with this website? I ordered two dolls from the site and have not received them yet.

1 Like

Jons-Saly is one of the scam sites. The scammers keep adding more false storefronts.

4 Likes

This is a scam site. All the photos shown are stolen from real artist. The company sends cheap illegal factory made copies that look nothing like the photos. The dolls they stole the photos of, sold for $500+
Also all the dolls they send are hard vinyl, not silicone as silicone babies start around $1000. File a claim for your money back

6 Likes

I should of known it was too good to be true. They do send something though? I can’t even get ahold of them VIA email. What are legit sites? I wanted to order my daughters legitimate soft real reborn baby dolls :frowning:

1 Like

There is a thread here for available babies. Also reborns.com is where alot of sellers sale.
Yes they send something but if you scroll in this thread you’ll see the monsters they send.
Most legit reborns will be over $100 due to the cost of supplies and time to make them.
They are made from soft vinyl with a cloth body mostly although some have belly plates or torsos.

1 Like

There are amazing artist on this thread that could help, depending on budget. Full silicone babies start around $1000 and go into the $20,000 depending on quality but they aren’t for children due to cost and how fragile they are.
Depending on the age of your children, I would get a vinyl baby with bald or painted hair as rooted adds to the cost and needs to be handled with care to keep it intact.
Reborns in general need handled with care.

These websites are scamming alot of people, making them think they can spend $100 and get a $1000+ doll. I would file a claim now if you paid with PayPal as after you get it PayPal isn’t wanting to refund unless you mail the dolls back to China which cost about ad much ad the dolls so I’ve seen

2 Likes

Companies do not make reborns.
Individual artists do by hand. Some artists have personal sites they sell from and they list on facebook and instagram as well as ebay. Make sure to filter your search to weed out the China scams, etc.
Also please know that blank vinyl kits normally range about $50-$200. Most reborns $200+

reborns.com is a site kinda like ebay where multiple artists list… .but only reborns. The owner is currently working on it a tweaking some things so make sure to check it more than once. If you see one you like you can click it and see other dolls by that artist as well. It opens their nursery page. From there you should be able to see EVERY doll they have for sale.

8 Likes

And again posting my most recent list of scams (also wish, walmart, amazon, aliexpress, some on ebay, some on etsy, some on mecari, some on the marketplace on facebook, etc are also scams or stolen kits)

DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THESE

5 Likes

Those who do receive something receive ugly dolls with horrible hair and that are barely painted. People are also reporting how bad the vinyl smells. The vinyl is most likely toxic. Some dolls are arriving with their legs unattached.

2 Likes

Or two left legs. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s right. They are mass producing heads and limbs, and then grabbing limbs and heads at random and throwing them into a box when they get an order to send out. OOPs, I grabbed two left legs…oh well. Disgusting.

Here are some sceen shots of unhappy buyers mentioning the smell on Facebook

3 Likes

What is PayPal’s problem?? There have been at least dozens by now who have contacted them about these idiot scammers. Why are they doing nothing to clamp down on this? They care so much about “phishing” emails people receive that look like they are from PP, but this is a hideous scam and it’s like they’re asleep.

5 Likes

Added Luckyforhappy (sponsored ad on FB with stolen photos)

Right! PayPal could stop this immediately. But they won’t. They are contributing big time to the scam problem. I think the entire reborn community should flood them with phone calls demanding that they stop doing business with the scam sites.

3 Likes

What they are doing seems illegal, to not do something about thieves. Their enabling of them goes against their policies. It’s like the police need to get involved, but how do you arrest a corporation? Who’s in charge of dealing with companies that are out of control?

3 Likes

I for one am thinking about stopping taking PayPal as a form of payment. Yes it may cause me not to make any non local sells but this is out of control. If more artist and sellers would let PayPal know they won’t get their business until they stop allowing the scam sites to get away with this, 🤷 it probably won’t help or make a dent tho.
It’s just ridiculous. Normal every day artist get screwed when someone files a claim for something stupid and PayPal doesn’t make them return the item to get a refund but this is a clear case of not as described and sorry you need to spend $75+ to send it back to China?? Hundreds of claims on ONE company?? And they don’t see a problem???

4 Likes

Exactly. Who investigates companies that are assisting scams and criminals? The SEC? I’m thinking there isn’t anything and that’s why they think they can get away with this.

1 Like

This lady on reborns says there is an investigation started.

3 Likes

It was the FTC I was trying to think of, not the SEC I mentioned above. I hope something will be done, and soon.