REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Oh no that is not good at all! It just keeps getting worse and worse.

1 Like

I didn’t say it wasn’t. I was clarifying what Kelli said on her YouTube video. She didn’t mention reborns.com but did mention reborn dolls.com. Reborn dolls.com is most definitely a scam site.

2 Likes

I couldn’t recall exactly what she said. There were comments on her video of people who seemed to have gotten the impression from it that reborns.com was also a scam site. I’d love to see her clarify that it is a legitimate site since she has such a large audience.

2 Likes

Yes, I read a few comments of people asking but no one ever answered yes. I did see a few people comment that it was legitimate. She commands a large audience so she would be a good avenue for getting the word out, but I am not sure she would do it.

1 Like

I spent a while going through the comments and replying to anybody who had asked until the app reloaded and I lost my place about an hour or two ago. A few have replied back that they’re gonna head over and have a look, so it’s working. Unfortunately, her comment section will disappear as of January 1 due to youtube’s new policy though, so not much time to reach out to the curious.

1 Like

My granddaughter is an incredibly responsible little girl who adores reborn dolls. She takes good care of all the dolls she has so her dad bought her a Reborn doll from one of these sites for her birthday. He only paid a little over $100 but the baby was adorable. My granddaughter waited 2 months past her birthday for this baby to come only to discover that what they sent looked absolutely nothing like the picture, the arms don’t move, and they didn’t do eyebrows or lashes. She was crushed and cried for days. Whoever he bought it from said they could exchange it, but he knows now they are scammers and doesn’t want to risk it. They promised to send a lot of baby clothes and accessories instead but that hasn’t happened either. They should be held accountable but it is very difficult to do anything about it. My heart was so broken for her!

5 Likes

Heres a saskia kit the lady said it was toddler size its from the scammers she said if she had gave this doll to her little girl she would think santa went crazy ! She said it was awful shes trying to get her money back

She brought a baby from me and sent me this picture she said its toddler size I

Unfortunately China doesn’t have the same laws we do in the USA.
They steal the photos from real artist to sell because they know if they show the REAL dolls they send, they wouldn’t get as many sales.
Real silicone babies start around $1000 unless it’s a mini 2"-4".
Vinyl babies with cloth bodies start around $100 and that’s the very low end as blank kits (head,arms and legs) range from $30 on sale to $150 then you have to get the body,weighting materials then the 40+ hours of work the artist does in painting, let alone rooting the hair one hair at a time. Good quality hair can be $60 for a 1/2 oz.
You can find a legit baby from reborns. Com
And there is a available baby thread on this forum however wouldn’t arrive by Christmas :frowning:
The dolls they show photos of sold for around $800+ and the full bodied silicone April they show sold for over $20,000.
You can apply for a refund, however it seems PayPal isn’t wanting to refund and if they do they want you to ship the doll back first which can be expensive.
You could also try to dispute with your credit or debit card company.
So sorry!

2 Likes

They are also now selling these fakes as blank kits! It’s only going to get worse! Some of the budget Reborn groups praise these sites, since “they can have the limited edition babies without having to pay a fortune” i just don’t get it. They are hideous! You can buy legit reborns for $100(granted not the best and mostly boo boo babies) and artist take payment plans! Like why?? For those who KNOW it’s a scam, not those who don’t obviously but it’s just ugh

2 Likes

Added 2 more this morning :frowning:
Ikarriette and beetopick

1 Like

Added Prasson

3 Likes

Isn’t it interesting that there’s no place to leave a review? What a surprise.

4 Likes

12-27-19 Added Puraia

2 Likes

Puriaia pronounced like pariah?
Definition 2:

Well at least they know how everyone feels about them. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

That is how I pronounced it in my head while typing it out… lol

reminded me of piranha too :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah piranha went through my mind too. :grimacing:

1 Like

The word puerile went through my head. They are like naughty, childish adults.

2 Likes

Paradise Galleries is even fighting back against the scammers. Good for them! Check out this video💕

12 Likes